Can I join with dual citizenship?

I have already started the process just waiting for my British passport to arrive (I only got citizenship on the 08/05/19), but was wondering do I have to denounce my previous citizenship which is Latvian, or can I join with a dual? Cheers.

Last edited:

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I have already started the process just waiting for my British passport to arrive (I only got citizenship on the 08/05), but was wondering do I have to denounce my previous citizenship which is Latvian, or can I join with a dual? Cheers.
Probably best asking a recruiting office, I think (but I am usually wrong) you may have had to live the the UK/Eire for five years

Probably best asking a recruiting office, I think (but I am usually wrong) you may have had to live the the UK/Eire for five years
Yeah that’s right you do I already have cake here 14 years ago, that’s fine I just don’t know if my previous citizenship needs to be denounced thank you anyway!

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Yeah that’s right you do I already have cake here 14 years ago, that’s fine I just don’t know if my previous citizenship needs to be denounced thank you anyway!
Personally you have had you citizenship for 14 years, I can't see a problem, Lot's of soldiers have dual nationality. Myself included. What are you thinking of doing?

Came, and I meant to say denounced my bad.
No I haven’t had citizenship for 14 years I have lived in Britain for 14 years, I only got British citizenship on the 8th of may this year. To specifically join the army, now it’s all moving and grooving I don’t know if I need to denounce my Latvian citizenship or not.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Came, and I meant to say denounced my bad.
No I haven’t had citizenship for 14 years I have lived in Britain for 14 years, I only got British citizenship on the 8th of may this year. To specifically join the army, now it’s all moving and grooving I don’t know if I need to denounce my Latvian citizenship or not.
I was under the impression you got your passport in Aug 2005, you might want to change your original post and forget everything I said

In my personal experience you do not need to lose a second citizenship. I had dual with German citizenship and never had a problem at any time other than a bit more of an in depth chat when sat in the chair for certain interviews.

As long as you hold a British Citizen Passport and have the right of abode in the UK do not worry.

Any documents like Latvian birth certificates get them translated into english by an officially accredited translator NOW if you have not already. This could save you problems and time in the future.

Good luck kiddo.:)

In my personal experience you do not need to lose a second citizenship. I had dual with German citizenship and never had a problem at any time other than a bit more of an in depth chat when sat in the chair for certain interviews.

As long as you hold a British Citizen Passport and have the right of abode in the UK do not worry.

Any documents like Latvian birth certificates get them translated into english by an officially accredited translator NOW if you have not already. This could save you problems and time in the future.

Good luck kiddo.:)
That’s really helpful thank you! Yeah I have already done all that !