Can I join the TA at 16?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Count Baton, Jun 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

I'm new to the site, so don't be too hard on me (man, i've really asked for it now!)

I want to join the Forces ASAP, but I'm only 16 and 6 months but I want to go to 6th form and Uni, so can't apply full time at the mo.

So, can I join now or do I have to wait till i'm 17-18 or what? I can't find anywhere to say what age I can join, only old cronies asking whether they are able to join at 82... or 36.

Cheers guys, I wait with presentiment apprehension for your transcendent, thorough wisecrack responses.

:)

2. Oh forgot to mention, the TA unit would be Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment 3rd Batallion A Company based at Farnham.

Hope this helps!

3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

You cant yet, but think about TA or OTC while at 6th form or uni. I joined during the second year at 6th form.

Would you like a wurthers original?

4. Mitts off he's mine.

5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

start applying when 17 as they can cover for you a little bit I joined 1st year sixth form

6. I would love to indulge in such a prodigious activity, thank you Sir!

Jarrod, I just wanted to pledge my loyalty to you, I have red many of your previous posts and think you are a real lad, I salute you.

Shotgun the worthers though!

7. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

You kinky bitch you

8. I joined at the grand old age of 17 years and 2 days old. It was a little early but I knew lots of people in the company I was joining and they signed me on a junior soldier(probably bollocks but that's what they told me).

9. Thanks for the replies guys.

Sorry, dearest, would you like me to share it with you poppet?

10. Crikey first post and I'm in. I've had a haircut, better wash my farah's.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 17 and 6 months for that unit mate, same for all infantry now I believe.

12. Grumblegrunt

just remember not to tell the adults okay, It'll be your and speshial uncle jarrods little secret.

and dont worry the pain will go away in a few days.

13. Grumblegrunt

as for the rest of us you can keep us quiet with lots of girly shots from school :)

14. He's legal and I'm sure he can get you some pictures of his female college companions.

15. Grumblegrunt

have you checked his collar and cuffs match?