Can I have the keys to the outrage wagon, please?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by smartascarrots, Aug 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC Link.

So, lecturer says we should accept bad spelling because he's tired of constantly having to tell thickos they've got it wrong? What an excellent idea, Mr Smith! And to extend the concept wider, the next time Payroll make an arrse of your salary, lets just accept that as what you should be paid all the time, eh?

Thought not, fucknuts.
  3. I have had a thought (it happens from time to time) now its totally off the wall and a little bit controversial, how about we take these words and teach people how to spell them correctly. (I'm now going to spend ages checking the spelling of every word of this post)
  4. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

He's a Uni lecturer, ergo he's a lazy cnut. Not having to correct spelling makes his life even easier; he's bound to suggest it.
  5. I would have thought that correcting mistakes is a large part of any teacher's work. If he had had his way during my formative years I wouldn't be able to call him a skyving cnut.
  10. Listened to him earlier - waste of oxygen -- so much for the benefits of a Uni education. I wonder if his GP's spelling is up to par - hate to think that he might get too much of something dangerous. Tosser.
  11. What Flavour do you want?

"Dunt Matter"

1 Vanilla Ice cream to mong.

Mong places it squarely in the middle of his shiny forehead.

Incidentally - did this University Lecturer sound like a "Sameface"?
  12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five year phase plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).

In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c". Sertainly, sivill servants will resieve this news with joy. Also the hard "c" will be replaced with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typwriters kan have one less letter.
    There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced by "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20 per sent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Government will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"'s in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by "v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivon vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru.
  13. What more do you need to know?

Dr Kenneth Smith

Senior Lecturer in Criminology

Teaching Interests

Dr Smith is responsible for teaching a course on racism and the criminal justice system, and contributes to course taught within the department on punishment and power and research methods.

Research Interests

Concept formation in the social sciences; 'race' and ethnicity; gender and sexuality (especially intersexuality); political power and social movements; sociological theory, the sociology of utopias.

Recent Publications

'E-Democracy'; Sociology Review, January 2004 (forthcoming)

'Marx on the Side of the Market'; Critical Evaluation of M. Desai's 'Marx's Revenge'; Journal of Classical Sociology, November 2003 (forthcoming)

'Mutually Contested Concepts and their Standard General Use', Journal of Classical Sociology, Vol.2, No.3, November 2002: 329-343

'The Concept of Ethnicity in Modood et al. Ethnic Minorities in Britain'. Sociology, May 2002, 36 (2) 399-417
  14. Sounds like an ideal "guest speaker" for the next ARRSE social. :)
  15. Intersexuality? Wossat wenit's at home, then, eh? <scratches heard and crotch simultaneously, then sniffs fingers. Both sets>