Can I get some old threads deleted

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by joey_deacons_lad, Oct 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been lokoing through some old threads I posted and there are a few shite and out of date ones there, would it be possible to get the one page threads over a year old binned?

Many thanks
    JDL

2. Is lokoing a sexual term, ie, fcuking a Trainspotter, if it is, save us a place, more
    Members will be along shortly.......don't let Air Hippo in, he's only a trainee!!!!!!!!!

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I can only hoof threads in the bits I moderate. Perhaps email the COs (admin@arrse.co.uk) and ask them to do it but to be honest, why are you fussed? If no one is replying to old ones or they're particularly gash then they'll die a death naturally.

4. Has someone pinged your account and realised you're obsessed with sucking off ladyboys?

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Yes, joey_deacons_lad. I shall take care of it. And 'lokoing' is not prison slang so far as I am aware. Stay cool, hang loose, admit nothing.

6. How about some links, you jack bastard? Don't want us taking the piss? Lah-di-*******-dah!

7. TheIronDuke

8. do you mean this one?

9. You're right, that is ****.

10. TheIronDuke

The very one. Me and my Moderators are working our socks off to delete it. But it is hard graft. Let us hope we are in time.

11. Shouldn't that or be an an?

12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

They shouldn't be in Google's cache so let me know if you do find ARRSE pages there. It also seems very unlikely that the Internet Archive has all of ARRSE's pages. I think the depth it navigates is limited.

The upshot is that once they're gone from here, they're gone so we've tried hard for a long while not to lose any.

The nature of a forum is that it's effectively self-pruning. The longer a thread goes unanswered, the further out of sight it goes. Even the search orders by newest first. Therefore I don't really see a reason to start deleting as these old threads don't get in the way. The slowing of the site because of an ever growing database has nearly caused some cleaning up on various occasions, but money and more server power has allowed us to keep everything.

13. Nope most people who know me already know im very liberal in this sort of thing! I just thought id tidy my "history" up as there are some really shit offerings in there

14. So what you're saying is, you've applied for a comission and want to cover your tracks.....

• Like Like x 2