Can I get LS+GC if i got done for drink driving 11 years ago

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by accidentalscaley, Feb 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not been charged since, I got banned for a year when i was 18 for D+D, and got a Regimental Entry as well as the Civvy Court conviction. Just wondering if i can still get the LS+GC. If not can i put in a plea of mitigation with an excuse of why i was always pizzed at the time back then. I think after 12 years i've learnt my lesson
  2. no you cant becuase you have to do 15 years for the LS+GC
  3. A plea of mitigation, if drink or violence related, will not get out of the CO's in-tray…Fact
  4. I was in a similar situation - never got near the gong.

Did promote lots of discussion in the Mess as to why a crusty old f*cker was wandering round without one. I quite enjoyed the notoriety
  5. I was just going to say the same - I think you get more credit for not having one!
  6. Any Drink Driving Conviction will be held against you by the LS&GC board irrespective of time served since. Highly unlikely to be successful (even if it does get out of the CO's office(as said before)!).
  7. accidentalscaley - Has anyone actually told you what the letters LS & GC stand for ?

chaffinch - I am stunned by your pride, I could understand it if you had single handedly taken on 16 bouncers and hospitalised them with one arm tied behind your back blindfolded but i seriously doubt that any of your muckers in the mess thought you were a "bit of a lad" for drink driving. Obviously the discussion it promoted in the mess only carried on because you didn't put your hands up, hardly notoriety.
  8. Floppy

I'm not proud of the offence (fell of a little motorbike when I was 18 - whole Mess was aware) but it did give me an excuse not to have to hang around with people like yourself. Stop passing comments on my morals and get back to playing pranks on Norwich Union call centre emoployees. Cock
  9. Will do chaffinch. I thought you had thicker skin than that (your saying, not mine), only 22 minutes to get a huge bite.
    Now, where is that phone book ? I'm off to challenge McDonalds to produce a burger that looks just like the one in the picture, I'll let you know how it goes.