Can i get a pad if i am Engaged?

as in most cases, servicemen/women are posted away from home. As am I, though still in U.K. I have recently gotten Engaged to a woman from my home town and do not intend to be getting married for a few years.
I was wondering if it was possible to get a house on the patch (pad) if there are any spare? Renting and living out is too expensive on a low band wage, and it is costing a sodding fortune to drive home all the time at weekends.

sensible replies please :-/

Thanks.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Can you guess why they're called "Married Quarters" ?

B

Biscuits_AB

as in most cases, servicemen/women are posted away from home. As am I, though still in U.K. I have recently gotten Engaged to a woman from my home town and do not intend to be getting married for a few years.
I was wondering if it was possible to get a house on the patch (pad) if there are any spare? Renting and living out is too expensive on a low band wage, and it is costing a sodding fortune to drive home all the time at weekends.

Thanks.
Never mind the nay-sayers mate. You're in the Army. You can have what you want. All you have to do is ask.

Not quite correct.

Can you guess why they're called "Service Families Accommodation"?
Should have read the recent 'Don't ask, don't tell' thread.....you can get SFA if in a same sex 'Civil partnership'.

But they're not married you say?...yep, that's right, but you're homophobic if you say anything.....

Whaddya mean that don't seem fair?

Quick simple answer. Get married.

Thanks.

Oh do **** off!!!!!!

To get a quarter you must be either married or in a civil partnership, or have children from a former relationship where you are the prime carer (or whatever custody is called these days). Occasionally spare quarters (a rare commodity these days) are used as overspill mess accommodation.

If you want one, get married.

Careful now, not too many negative replies or "David Cameron" will come along and tell you not to do it.

Because the Army lets in queers?
Er, isn't that a tad discriminatory of you???

...They lets poofs, homos, munchers, nudgers and fudge packer in too nowadays!

Anyway, back to the thread, I have heard of a couple of incidents where engaged couples had SFA but very rare.

...They lets poofs, homos, munchers, nudgers and fudge packer in too nowadays!
Anyway, back to the thread, I have heard of a couple of incidents where engaged couples had SFA but very rare.
It would be more accurate to say they've always been let in. Nowadays, though, they aren't kicked out.

An engagement doesn't have the same legal force or entitlement as a marriage or civil partnership.

I imagine if engaged couples have had a quarter there must have been compassionate reasons (and spare availability) to allow it.

When I first saw the title I didn't have my specs on and I thought it said "Can I get a paid if I'm engaged?" I was already to hand over to Sluggy.