Can I do the p company test and transfer to the parachute regiment after I've joined as light infantry

j123

Crow
Im not to sure where this question would fit in so hope it's alright here. So if I join up as as light infantry after I have joined and completed basic training can I later complete p company and transfer to the parachute regiment .

In theory yes you could, but I don’t know how likely it would be that your coc would let you transfer once you’re already at battalion. I’d say if you have ambitions for the paras just go for that first and if it’s too much for you then transfer to a normal infantry battalion, they’ll likely let you do that during training if you request it. Good luck and I hope you do well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just go for it.

If you do not think you are fit enough then get yourself out there and do some training. Running and also some aggresive walking with a lightly loaded day sack. Plenty of advice on how to go about training on this forum if you search.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Im not to sure where this question would fit in so hope it's alright here. So if I join up as as light infantry after I have joined and completed basic training can I later complete p company and transfer to the parachute regiment .
Might also be worth wondering if the Para's would like being your second choice...

j123

Crow
thankyou appreciate the responses paras is my first choice but fear i may not be fit enough with only 26 days till my assessment.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
thankyou appreciate the responses paras is my first choice but fear i may not be fit enough with only 26 days till my assessment.
Rather than being fearful, why not do the best you can and leave it to the system to make the assessment?

Latest Threads