Can I Delete My Own Posts?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by rockape34, Oct 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it possible to bring back the ability to delete one's post/thread in the event of duplication?

2. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

Click on 'Edit Post' and then on 'Delete Post' right hand side almost on top of the page showing up next. :)

3. Thanks YIM - however doesn't seem to work when it's the start of a new thread

Attached Files:

4. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

It's not supposed to work once there are replies to the post I'm afraid.
    But the second of the double posts should work for sure.

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

We can allow deletion of posts but not threads otherwise someone could remove the posts of others who replied. I don't think we have the option to only allow deletion of threads (which is what you would do by removing the first post) if they only have one post in, which is what you need by the sound of it.

If you've posted a thread that you want removed just email us - we'll remove an empty or duplicate thread without query (the only time we don't is if the masterpieces of other users would be removed along with it).

6. Thanks boss (and YIM), I was having some connection problems and double posted the above thread in error :blush: (not to worry though as I changed text to "double post, Mods please delete" and it has been ignored)>