Can i cook my own food?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by SOLSTICE, May 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After phase 2 training when living in barracks can i cook my own meals or not?

2. Feck me, all this time and posting on ARRSE, and thats the best wah you can come up with?

It beggars belief
  3. Why?? Are you a fucking chef?
  4. Yeah, buy a kettle for your pot noodles.
  5. Either that,or you can sit out on the roof with your softy jacket on heating up corn beef hash with a few hexys.
    You'll look the b ollocks mate
  6. Of course, if you ask them nicely in the cookhouse they will allocate you a shelf in a fridge for your own little milk and butter containers. Then, when mummy sends you food parcels, you can keep them nice and safe.

You will, of course, have to practice the art of cooking sausages so they are black on the outside and bright pink on the inside; Be able to fry eggs in three inches of fat and burn baked beans, then, and only then, will you be competent to feed yourself!

7. Why?? Are you a fucking chef?

Yes I am actually. And i was told you may get your own kitchen in your barracks so thats why i asked.
  8. Yep, and your own Winnebago, pole dancing bird with three breasts and the CSM tucking you up in bed with a warm brandy each night....
  9. [​IMG]
  10. What you may get is a shared flat. It may have 4 single bedrooms, communal kitchen, sitting room and laundry facilities. Note that I have used the word may. You may also live in a delapidated s*** hole that even the rats won't live in, although thankfully these sorts of barracks are few and far betwee.
  11. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

And if your really lucky me old mate Saintsy will come round and do it for you (and CooK) Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
  12. Whilst a nig in the mid 70's I thought it would be a good idea to use a hexy to cook a tin of Heinz tomato soup.
    So as to be discreet, I cooked it in the communal shower area using one of the wooden seats by the shower itself.
    Imagine my surprise when the hexy set fire to the paint on the seat and the consequent general panic breaking out in the block.
    'Conduct prejudicial to good order and military discipline', fined £40.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
  13. Have you strayed across from the MPs expenses thread?

14. Aircrew. It's normal isn't it?
  15. Gen up? gonna have a chat with the badge tomorrow then.