Can I come back please???!!!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by red_arrse, Apr 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all patrons of arrse.

I left the army January this year as a sub Cpl CMT 1 and am regretting the decision! I want to come back (beret in hand!) but am not sure if I would keep my original Rank, Pay scale and Seniority. Im also 31 so dont know if that will be a factor.

Please Advise!
  2. remember why you left...have things changed ??

If not then crack on.

3. No reason why not - a number of people have been in the same position and come back.
  4. best you do something about it sharpish.

If memory serves me correctly - you have six months from when you left to maintain you pay, rank etc.

I left in 97 and came back in 2000, so you aint the only one to think life was greener only to discover that it wasnt

call the RAMC recruiting team at camberley and ask them - and if they dont know, they are in the right place to find out!

good luck
  5. from personal experience anywhere upto 12 months will see you carry on as though you'd never been away
  6. A guy came back in my reg after two years out. Same sqn, same troop (support). He was only a sapper to begin with so he is back as his original rank. I think he kept his pay increment though.

Apparently they are trying to put people back where they were before they left, to keep everyone happy.
  7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

ACIO will give you any info, I am sure.
  8. You'll be forced into the new pension though. That is a considerable reduction in benefits over the 75 version (only MPs get more benefits when their pensions are reviewed).

9. Thanks for all the info. Im going to get my arrse down to the recruiting office and take it from there. I wonder if i'll have to give back the chocolate soldier?!
  10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I kept mine, and was back in Sennelager in 4 weeks after walking in the ACIO! Good Luck.
  11. Well thats that settled then. Ill be back in time for Tea and Medals, see you all in the NAFFI!
  12. good drills mate
  13. welcome back
  14. well done.......In Arduis Fidelis
  15. Update......

Ive been to the careers office and all the paperwork has gone to Glasgow. Im now at the mercy of the desk officer.