Can I claim on Doctor visit while on leave?

Marquall

Clanker
Hi all

I was home to the Republic of Ireland for Christmas and I came down with a rough dose of D&V after a dodgy turkey sandwich.

48 hours of shitting water and the Internet doctors told me to seek medical attention, so I went off to my family GP (Closest med centre was about 120miles away in Belfast NI). Before I did I called the medical centre helpline to explain the situation and they said "keep your receipts and claim when you get back" - Grand (in Ireland you pay €50 for a GP + my prescription cost so total I'm €65 down)

So I went to my clerk and he isn't sure, so he sends me to the FSA who sends me to the med centre for "a form". Med centre says no such for exists, I'm back and forth for 2 days.... You get the picture. Now fair do's to the med centre staff for digging in so much but they come back saying I'm not able to claim because I was on "holidays" (Eeeeeh at my home address?) so I should have used my European Health Insurance Card. This should have my NI number so get free health care outside of the UK but inside EU.

(Side note - My card has my Irish version of an NI number (known as a PSS number) so I don't get free health care within Ireland (I would in the UK or elsewhere though), but it was a GP anyway so I'd have had to pay.)

2 years ago I broke my hand on leave in Ireland and I brought the bill back and the claim went through no problem, so what's changed? Is there a JSP that I can read up on or anyone have any advice?

Bris

LE
JSP 752 is the one for allowances; combine it with the Med one [cant remember the number] and try your luck.

Hi all

I was home to the Republic of Ireland for Christmas and I came down with a rough dose of D&V after a dodgy turkey sandwich.

48 hours of shitting water and the Internet doctors told me to seek medical attention, so I went off to my family GP (Closest med centre was about 120miles away in Belfast NI). Before I did I called the medical centre helpline to explain the situation and they said "keep your receipts and claim when you get back" - Grand (in Ireland you pay €50 for a GP + my prescription cost so total I'm €65 down)

So I went to my clerk and he isn't sure, so he sends me to the FSA who sends me to the med centre for "a form". Med centre says no such for exists, I'm back and forth for 2 days.... You get the picture. Now fair do's to the med centre staff for digging in so much but they come back saying I'm not able to claim because I was on "holidays" (Eeeeeh at my home address?) so I should have used my European Health Insurance Card. This should have my NI number so get free health care outside of the UK but inside EU.

(Side note - My card has my Irish version of an NI number (known as a PSS number) so I don't get free health care within Ireland (I would in the UK or elsewhere though), but it was a GP anyway so I'd have had to pay.)

2 years ago I broke my hand on leave in Ireland and I brought the bill back and the claim went through no problem, so what's changed? Is there a JSP that I can read up on or anyone have any advice?

Here is my advice as every time you go home to get broken, don't go back

Marquall

Did you inform the CRAC that you were going back to RoI for leave? If not, your application will be turned down as you have breached NI Standing Orders>

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
CRAC and NISO regarding leave in the Republic and Province is still extant.

You're a bellthronk.

Message ends.

I know. I'm mostly just being irritating.

But it's highly unlikely that our young hero has had to sneak home or been stupid enough to try to claim if he had, is it?

I know. I'm mostly just being irritating.

But it's highly unlikely that our young hero has had to sneak home or been stupid enough to try to claim if he had, is it?

You have no ******* idea about what goes on and what squaddies have done or attempted to do. I've sent you a PM and I suggest you stfu on this cause you patently have no idea of the threat> If you have access to DII. have a look on the NIGSAS.

Annual travel insurance for Europe will cost about forty or fifty quid for a fit, young male. Maybe take that option.
And you can claim for the cost of a prescription from the NHS but, as you'd probably be liable for the 8 quid odd charge, is it worth it for a fiver?

Marquall

Clanker
I'm confused as to why you bring up the crac cell.

I did my briefs, my Xmas leave was approved and ROI is set as my home address on jpa. Did I say something to suggest I'm being under handed or...?

Sixty

ADC

I did my briefs, my Xmas leave was approved and ROI is set as my home address on jpa. Did I say something to suggest I'm being under handed or...?

No; he's just being a tool. Again.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

I have not questioned your integrity, despite sixtys comment> read my post it had a question mark because I believe the CRACs brief contains a reference to going/using medical facilities in the south. @Sixty, just because you dont like my views ob Scottish independence does not give you the right to denigrate me on other threads