Can I be punished twice?

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by timpegasus, Dec 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok had a bit of a run in with an officer and basically put the phone down on him so now he has taken me off a course I was due on today and then is also on about charging me etc.

So as I have been punished by not being allowed on the course can I still be AGAID etc?
  2. You put a phone down on an officer? You're not very bright are you......
  3. He was nt underneath it.
  4. Can we have the full dit please?
  5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

There is more to this isn't there!!!!
  6. Ok I was asked to come to do something on Sat nite I explained I was away and could nt do it as was nt here then I told him I m not coming in to AGAI me and pressed end call on my mobile!

7. So where were you? and why couldn't you get there to do what you where asked?

8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

TA, Reg or Cadet?
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Things must have changed slightly since I was in. "Asked"? You were told to be at a certain place by a superior officer and you refused - I don't see what you have to complain about. The punishment will be through the charge (if there is one). Not getting the course is tough but if you can't rock up for something when "asked" WTF should the army bother to send you on a course?
  10. Why would you say your not coming in to be AGAI'd. did he say he was going to?
    When did he call, that day, a week before, last year?
    Why wouldnt he know you were not away, which is why id sat TA not Reg
  11. Are you regular?
    Had you submitted a leave pass for the weekend through JPA? Or were you eligible for duty as no leave pass was submitted?
    Just because it's the weekend it doesn't mean that you can't be called in at a moments notice.
  12. been sorted now answer is no I can t!
  13. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Good point raised further up the thread.

Remember kids! Weekends off are not an entitlement, they're a privilege!

A smart man sits down on Jan 1st and puts in a leave pass for every weekend that year on JPA and if it gets approved by your Approver then sucks to be them when they realise what they've done! :)

(Weekends don't come off your leave entitlement and all food / accomodaton will be stopped. Which incidentally would have solved a lot of the 'I'm paying for food at the weekends when I'm not here' complaints which would have prevented the need for PAYD but that's another looooong story)
  14. msr

msr LE

What was it? Sort out the Review of the Reserves? No, wait, you already know the outcome of that one...
  15. You're paid 25 hours a day, 8 days a week etc........