Can Getting in the SAS Really Be This Easy?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by WarpSpasm, Mar 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many, many apologies for the inconvenience if this has already been held up to ARRSE ridicule.

Apparently this CD tells you everything you need to know about getting into the SAS.

http://www.how2become.co.uk/viewProduct.php?product_name=SAS

For those too idle to check out the link, I quote from the site:-

The Special Air Service is the most respected and feared units (sic) of all the military fighting forces. The mystery that surrounds them (sic) is both intriguing and fascinating. Only the best get to become a member of this elite fighting force and this unique guide will provide you with an insight into life within the SAS and their selection procedure.

If it is your desire to become a member of the Special Air Service then the road is a long one but do not let this put you off. The SAS never give up on anything and they will succeed at whatever cost. After all, their motto ‘Who dares wins’ speaks for itself. To become a member of the SAS you must be better than the rest. The only way to achieve this is to work extremely hard and to be determined in your goals.

Whether you are preparing for the SAS selection process or are simply interested in how the SAS operates and recruits its members, then this 130+ page guide is for you. Packed full of insider tips and advice the 'How to join the SAS' CD Rom is a unique insight into the World's finest fighting force.

Would love to hear from anyone who has used it successfully, as I'm pondering ordering "How To Become a Rocket Scientist/Brain Surgeon"

2. Bloody Hell, Walt heaven.

3. My thoughts too :roll:

4. I found it very useful.The bit about "Getting onto Embassy Balconies,when other people don't want you" to was very helpful.

5. I bet there's secretly hundreds of copies doing the rounds in the barracks for those going to attempt selection.

If I was a fittie, still serving, in the top 5% of soldiers in my unit, have already completed pre-selection, then I would definately buy it.

In fact I secretly have a copy but its all bollox, I tell you when I was on the balcony. . . . . . . . . .

6. ....I was behind you.....

7. Dinger..... is it really you?

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I loved the section on sticking two broken bits of gat together with black tape, and keeping some back for your face.

9. It is to be read in conjuction with:

[​IMG]

10. Still have the black nasty and moustache in a tin somewhere

11. If you buy it direct from the link, you will surely fail selection as, secretly, it's an initiative test.

You must FIND the site with the SECRET password using only a sketch map and nokia N95 (with no battery)..

12. I didn't see you on the balcony,or was that a different balcony?

13. Attempting something is the first step to failure, so why bother.

14. The major problem with selection during the winter months is that there is the risk of hypothermia and frostbite. These problems usually occur whilst the temperature are below freezing

Thanks for that, I was wondering.

15. For a Limited Period only we are able to give you the Actual SAS Fitness Test Audio MP3

What, a beep test?