can females join the household cavalry ?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Back in the day most of the guys were on attachment from 4 RHA which at the time was AS90. Dunno what the picture is today. I suppose it's a bit like a permanent cadre for gunners who like rifting.

what the household cavalry or the kings horse troop
King's Troop, Royal Horse Artillery.

Be advised the unit has had the axe over it for many years. When HMQ dies, it's gone.

So I'm guessing that anybody who's still there will get returned to parent unit...big guns, little guns,flying things etc etc.

If you look at recent pictures of the troop in action, male's seem to be an endangered species! As an ex recruiter I can well understand that you will be overwhelmed with female applicants if you offer to pay for working with horses and dogs!
I wonder if that's adversely influenced male applicants wanting to apply?

And even though I'm aware of 7RHA, does Kings Troop have a war fighting role?
Nope. The odd individual may get away for a tour but the vast majority really are civvies in uniform.

The feminisation of the army grows nearer every day. and 5ft guardsmen grows closer too,PC is marvellous isn't it?

The feminisation of the army grows nearer every day. and 5ft guardsmen grows closer too,PC is marvellous isn't it?

Surely that should be shrinks !

Not just the military. Lots of really diddy police officers now, some of which are even women. That's all fine and dandy until they have to go toe to toe with some raving loony who's full of beer. Still, it ticks all the boxes doesn't it, and that's what counts.

Not just the military. Lots of really diddy police officers now, some of which are even women. That's all fine and dandy until they have to go toe to toe with some raving loony who's full of beer. Still, it ticks all the boxes doesn't it, and that's what counts.
True. I'm not tall, but the last one I saw was collarbone height on me, and quite a bit of that was accounted for by hat.

These are also the ones who are the least likely to be reasonable, while their taller male counterparts are usually firm but fair.

Latest Threads