can everything now be banned as a weapon?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by rabid_hamster, May 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Doctors seek kitchen knife ban

Key points
    • Doctors claim long kitchen knives serve no purpose except as weapons
    • 55 out of 108 homicide victims in Scotland were stabbed last year
    • Police superintendents say a ban would be difficult to enforce

Key quote
    "Many assaults are impulsive, often triggered by alcohol or misuse of other drugs, and the long pointed kitchen knife is an easily available, potentially lethal weapon, particularly in the domestic setting" - Dr Emma Hern, writing in British Medical Journal

Story in full LONG, pointed kitchen knives should be banned as part of a concerted effort to reduce the terrible injuries and deaths caused by stabbing attacks, doctors warned today.
  2. So what do I carve sunday dinner with? What do I use to bone out a joint of Pork with? Load of old Bollocks. Silly doctors,

Fucking impossible I think
  3. When Phil the Greek said Dunblane could have happened with a cricket bat or golf club he was spot on. The guns did not point them selves, as the knives don’t thrust themselves in to people’s bodies!! What wee need to ban is not weapons but mutters. That’s care in the community for you! 1/3 of these head cases would be in an institution 40 or 50 years ago!!