Can anyone shed any light on this? (first posting)

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by LastChanc, Aug 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I've suddenly been given a piece of paper to jot down my first posting preferences on. Now I've done a bit of research on the matter previously however most the information is a bit vague as to which postings are most likely to offer a Sys Eng Tech or an IS Tech style jobs.

I'm ideally looking to remain in the UK, however going abroad isn't a big issue however I'd like to be doing more of the IS stuff than the other if possible. If anyone can offer a bit more of an insight into which units are more likely to offer this I'd be very appriciative as my only sources of information are armynet and the Blandford WRVS at present.

2. LC,

The quickest and easiest way is to find one of your trade instructors and ask their advice. In fact, most Regiments have places for Sys Eng/IS Techs, so your choice (or illusion of choice!) is almost infinite....
  3. Just ask one of your troop screws.
  4. Cheers guys, should of thought about asking the trade instructors - however they're all pretty much civvies except the odd liney or so. The troops staff comprises of other trades too with AFAIK just the one tech, who doesn't appear to be around at the moment.

Oh, I forgot to mention they expect this in tomorrow at some point.
  5. Forget the dream sheet - your going to Aldershot you :D or Bulford or Tidworth - aint the army great?
  6. You have a free choice of posting preferences and then you go where the army wants you...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Choosing your own postings....tchh! Whatever next?

7. Depends on what type of employment you desire; if you fancy armour and getting dirty and out on exercise then go to a Bde Sig Sqn. Fancy more workshop style employment then go to a Sig Regt. The choices are there and each offers its own challenges
  8. Join the Army and see the What?
  9. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to go to all these weird and wonderful places overseas with names I can bearly pronouce, but for personal reasons it'd be nice to stay in the UK for this posting.
  10. Cant see any problem with wanting to stay in the UK these days, you are going to spend enough time either on PDT or on tour anyway, never seen the big deal with going to Germany anyway.
  11. Oh, I don't know, cheap booze, cheap cars, centre of Europe making travel to even better places easier. different strokes for different folks.
  12. I suppose so, I loved my first posting in the UK, 14 Sigs and i probably would have gone home more if I had been posted to Germany anyway. Aldershot is not too bad.