Can anyone recommend best way to share a lift with someone

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Ilovethejimmy, Aug 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I travel from Hampshire to Newcastle most week ends but seem to struggle to find a lift, anyone help.

2. Where in Hampshire?

3. I used to be a professional hitchhiker, get yourself a set of trade plates, and you can hitch anywhere.
    Good money as well.

4. I can't quite see the connection between the thread title and content. Do you have difficulty finding someone to drive with because of the bizarre way you behave?

To answer the question in the thread title; If you are the first person to enter the lift, stand with your back to the buttons. That way you can keep a close eye on your fellow lift occupants, whilst at the same time preventing them from pressing the buttons and perhaps causing the lift to stop at floors other than the one you wish to get off on.

A wild eyed look, and gutteral grunting may help persuade your fellow occupants that they can wait till after you get off before choosing floors.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
    T_T

5. Dont fart! :D

6. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

7. In one of my former places of work I got into the lift and as the door was closing I could hear someone running for it so I smartly pressed the open button and beamed a "you're welcome" to the fit new girl's "thanks"... it was then that I realised that someone in the group who were in the lift just before me had farted and from the look on fit new girls face she had just realised it as well, and thought I was the culprit :x

8. Dodgy business, lift sharing ...

Car share scheme goes wrong

Attached Files:

9. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

if it cant be avoided however, I find a satisfied sigh and a cry of 'blimey - marks out of ten for that then eh!' goes a long way to relieving what could a rather strained atmosphere.

10. shouting "GAS GAS GAS", donning in 9, looking at the driver and saying "What?" can be amusing.

11. [align=center] :roll: Oh dear I seem to have lowed the tone again! :roll: [/align]

12. Yes, try travelling from Hampshire to Guildford instead, its much closer and its not full of geordies.
    Hope this helps pet.

13. Four guys on a promotion cadre 'task' years ago all had the misfortune to be offered a lift by the same Cortina driving, amiable fat bloke from outside Newcastle train station. He gladly took them individually to OTA wherupon the only payment he requested was to be urinated on 'and divvn't spare the splashes hinny'

So, to summarise you're sorted for a lift back from Newcastle, you just need to source a similar, natural champagne supping freak from Hampshire.

14. Perhaps you could get to Newcastle via a series of lifts. I'll take you from Hampshire to High Wycombe for free if you allow me to "jetwash" you on the town hall steps.

15. If someone can drop you at the outskirts of Leeds ill give you a lift to Catterick, you will however have to indulge me in my 'Lethal Weapon' fantasy and allow me to climb on and off transporters at high speed whilst you take the wheel and call me a 'craaazy son of a bitch'..