Can anyone recommend any catalouge creation software?

As per the title, can anyone recommend any catalouge creation software? I already have facility for creating indexes (indices) in text and HTML and can readily produce file and folder lists with file path. But what I am looking for is a software package that can take a database file and create a catalouge including inserting thumbnail pictures with HTML links to larger pictures and further information. I would like to be able to create versions for printing and for the web too. Initially, I would be using it for photo collections, but later I would like to be able to use it for a range of products.

Does anyone do anything similar to this already? I would prefer to find free software if possible.

As per the title, can anyone recommend any catalouge creation software? I already have facility for creating indexes (indices) in text and HTML and can readily produce file and folder lists with file path. But what I am looking for is a software package that can take a database file and create a catalouge including inserting thumbnail pictures with HTML links to larger pictures and further information. I would like to be able to create versions for printing and for the web too. Initially, I would be using it for photo collections, but later I would like to be able to use it for a range of products.

Does anyone do anything similar to this already? I would prefer to find free software if possible.
If you have it as a database, then you already have a catalogue. That is, essentially, what a database is.