can anyone recommend a large capacity mp3 player WITHOUT vid

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by wompingwillow, Dec 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking to spend no more than £150, don't really want to get a Ipod as I don't want to be tied to buying my music from iplayer ( well buying music really but shhhhh don't tell anyone).

I don't download videos as I have a nice advent 4211 that fits in my bag and can be used on trains, planes and automobiles to watch videos ( bbc 4OD etc) on a reasonable sized screen, everything I've found so far that has been 4GB or more seems to feel the need to incorparate a screen for watching videos.

I prefer to keep my MP3 player/phone/camera etc as seperate bits of equitment as that way I only have to replace one item at a time should it get lost or broken and I still have use of the other items.

Thanks in Advance

WW

2. msr

msr LE

Bear with me and the back of my fag packet:

1 album= 200Mb compressed

Therefore you can get 20 albums on a 4Gb player, which is going to be in the order of 24 hours solid listening. Seeing as the battery life is going to be 4-6 hours you are going to have to recharge it 4-6 times just to listen to all your music.

My advice: buy the cheapest one you can, that way if you lose / smash it it won't matter and whatever you pay for the cheapest one today will get you one with twice the capacity this time next year.

msr