Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Can anyone recommend a good replacement medal service

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
As the title says, I'm looking for recommendations on where to get a replacement medal.

I had my Op Granby medal thrown away by a vindictive ex-wife (without me knowing) and unfortunately, the MoD will only issue replacement medals if accompanied by a police report.

I thought then that I could get a duplicate medal, but there is a bewildering array of companies offering this service and wondered if anyone could recommend a good supplier.

Also, I'd like it engraved, but I can't remember what the engraving should say, I only remember my service number and name being on it, but not which way round etc.

Finally, I seem to recall I had a clasp and bar, which would've been the January - Feb one, not the August 1990 one.

Can anyone help?

As the title says, I'm looking for recommendations on where to get a replacement medal.

I had my Op Granby medal thrown away by a vindictive ex-wife (without me knowing) and unfortunately, the MoD will only issue replacement medals if accompanied by a police report.

I thought then that I could get a duplicate medal, but there is a bewildering array of companies offering this service and wondered if anyone could recommend a good supplier.

Also, I'd like it engraved, but I can't remember what the engraving should say, I only remember my service number and name being on it, but not which way round etc.

Finally, I seem to recall I had a clasp and bar, which would've been the January - Feb one, not the August 1990 one.

Can anyone help?
All medals are apparently my exes now, as was everything in the house when I left....do you really need medals?
You know what you did

so @PapaGolf weak
I hope you were never an NCO
A Senior actually.
Where as your opinion may be “you don’t need medals”, most people like to wear them on that rare occasion.
I had guys who didn’t like to wear their medals “I’ve only got one, it looks daft”. My view was “you know what you did to earn that medal, however small or large. You should wear it with pride, if anything as a symbol of your commitment. Wear it or not, it’s your choice, and you’ve earned the right to choose”
If your ex wife hadn’t taken yours can you honestly say you would never ever wear them again anyway?

A Senior actually.
Where as your opinion may be “you don’t need medals”, most people like to wear them on that rare occasion.
I had guys who didn’t like to wear their medals “I’ve only got one, it looks daft”. My view was “you know what you did to earn that medal, however small or large. You should wear it with pride, if anything as a symbol of your commitment. Wear it or not, it’s your choice, and you’ve earned the right to choose”
If your ex wife hadn’t taken yours can you honestly say you would never ever wear them again anyway?
I gave them all to my daughter the day I left, she also had 4 Non article 5 from Afghanistan plus others. I know what I did

Can anyone help?
Have you thought about reporting the crime to the Police?

Are you sure about that ?

From YouGov:

Replace a medal​

You can only get a replacement medal from the Ministry of Defence (MOD) if it was stolen or destroyed, for example in a fire or flood. The medal must have been awarded for service after World War 1.

You’ll need to show proof by providing a copy of either a:

• police crime report
  • successful insurance claim listing the individual items

All medals are apparently my exes now, as was everything in the house when I left....do you really need medals?
You know what you did

To be honest, it's bugged me ever since it happened, just not enough to do something about it, but now, my 16-year old son has taken a heavy interest in the military and wants to have it mounted.