• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Can anyone please tell me what this is?

This was bought by a pal in a job lot at auction and we don't know what it is.
I bought a bulk load of army gear and among the lot was this item. At first i thought it was a bivvy, but with closer inspection i notice there were 3 openings at the bottom and then poppered together. The head end is sealed and just a pillow hole.
The only label says its Australian 1969

G

goatrutar

Looks like a mattress cover. Used to make an emergency stretcher with 2 lengths of wood/branches run through to make frame/handles.

Looks like a mattress cover. Used to make an emergency stretcher with 2 lengths of wood/branches run through to make frame/handles.
No it doesn't. Where would the handles be outside of the bag for people to hold on to?

It's more likely to be be some sort of cover/carrier. Possibly an oldschool weapons bundle with pouch for ancills?

Aussie Air Matress cover. 3 rubberized inflateable inserts go inside.

During Vietnam, sometimes extra inserts was slit and a 100rd Belt 7.62 inserted as a bandoleer carried Pancho Villa stylee

M

Mark The Convict

No it doesn't. Where would the handles be outside of the bag for people to hold on to?
Yes it does. There aren't any, it's an issue mattress cover. Poles/toggle ropes go through small gaps in each end. OK as a groundsheet, FA use for anything else.

Edit; except for cutting up the inserts as per GB's post.

Latest Threads