Can anyone identify this???

I am desperately trying to identify which corps, arm, etc the uniform belfow is for, and also which medals they are. :?

I'm afraid the quality of the pic is the best available to me, and obviously, I've had to obscure certain bits.

I hope I've chosen the right section for a question like this. Any help would be brilliant.

Many thanks for taking the time to look. :D

Looks like tropical mess dress for Teeny Weeny Airways, if you ask me...

edited to add, I'm obviously talking cokc, that's not mess kit it's whites, No xxx dress, but the collar dogs still look like AAC.

My first impression was AAC, but the colour of the shoulder boards and shape of the pips threw me. I've been told it might be AAC elsewhere, but now the badges look like they may even be Dental Corps.

Suggestions or the gongs are Northern Ireland, Bosnia (NATO, not-UN tour), Kosovo & Queen's Jubilee Medal. However, it may be the bad quality of the pic but the GSM looks to have an extra purple band down the middle, which has led a couple of people questioning whether it is Northern Ireland.

I'm finding it really hard to identify.

In the vain that I think it may not be UK but Commonwealth I'm going to pitch in with a guess of the Royal Gibraltan Regiment (or something similar).

T ( Chavalier) Sqn, 49 Para

IIRC The third medal in is the IBA good conduct medal

the first medal looks confusing as the metal bit bit looks two differnt colours, second one is nato macedonia, third is nato kosovo followed by the golden jubilee medal, the uniform is no 3 dress but can help with the regiment sorry

DAKOTA_STAB:the first medal looks confusing as the metal bit bit looks two differnt colours, second one is nato macedonia, third is nato kosovo followed by the golden jubilee medal, the uniform is no 3 dress but can help with the regiment sorry

Second medal is NATO Bosnia. Didn't realise there was a NATO Macedonia medal issued?

sorry mate, you are right, the macedonia medal is nearly the same except it has white stripes on the outside aswell of the ribbon.

I know it won't help but is that a commando dagger flash on the left arm?

Jim

The first medal is the Brunei General Service Medal, awarded to Foreign Service Personnel with a minimum 12months service in the Sultans Forces. This has unrestricted wear permission from Her Majesty.

The fact that it is mounted at the front of the group indicates that the wearer is (at the time of the photo) serving in the Sultans Forces. When he returns to UK, the Brunei GSM will be mounted at the other end of the group.

The other medals are, from left to right, NATO Former Yugoslavia (the Macedonia Medal had no clasp), NATO KOSOVO and Queens Golden Jubilee.

The collar dogs would therefore be Brunei Forces and the Dagger indicates that the soldier had passed the Commando Course in UK Service.

MM

Actually my reason for mentioning the commando flash, do Commonwealth nations wear it, do other nations outside the Commonwealth wear it, it may help to confine the uniform to an area.

Jim