Can anyone identify this???

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by FatTulip, Jun 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am desperately trying to identify which corps, arm, etc the uniform belfow is for, and also which medals they are. :?

I'm afraid the quality of the pic is the best available to me, and obviously, I've had to obscure certain bits.

[​IMG]

I hope I've chosen the right section for a question like this. Any help would be brilliant.

Many thanks for taking the time to look. :D

2. Looks like tropical mess dress for Teeny Weeny Airways, if you ask me...

edited to add, I'm obviously talking cokc, that's not mess kit it's whites, No xxx dress, but the collar dogs still look like AAC.

3. My first impression was AAC, but the colour of the shoulder boards and shape of the pips threw me. I've been told it might be AAC elsewhere, but now the badges look like they may even be Dental Corps.

Suggestions or the gongs are Northern Ireland, Bosnia (NATO, not-UN tour), Kosovo & Queen's Jubilee Medal. However, it may be the bad quality of the pic but the GSM looks to have an extra purple band down the middle, which has led a couple of people questioning whether it is Northern Ireland.

I'm finding it really hard to identify.

4. In the vain that I think it may not be UK but Commonwealth I'm going to pitch in with a guess of the Royal Gibraltan Regiment (or something similar).

5. I think its the Royal Bermuda Regiment! How do I get a posting with them?

Attached Files:

6. Is that not a Brunei Regiment collar dog and that first medal looks like a Brunei decoration

7. T ( Chavalier) Sqn, 49 Para

IIRC The third medal in is the IBA good conduct medal

8. the first medal looks confusing as the metal bit bit looks two differnt colours, second one is nato macedonia, third is nato kosovo followed by the golden jubilee medal, the uniform is no 3 dress but can help with the regiment sorry

9. Certainly not AAC collar dogs. We dont wear the cap badge as dogs. We wear the Eagle.

[​IMG]

10. We never used to ponse about in white either....................................Well I never did.

11. Not even in Honkers??

12. Well.................Only if the ladyboys asked nicely.

13. Isn't that the suit you had made up for pulling chicks, Flash?

14. I think it might be. If it has the arse cut out and is lined with rubber then its the 'ole faithful trapping suit' :D

15. DAKOTA_STAB:the first medal looks confusing as the metal bit bit looks two differnt colours, second one is nato macedonia, third is nato kosovo followed by the golden jubilee medal, the uniform is no 3 dress but can help with the regiment sorry

Second medal is NATO Bosnia. Didn't realise there was a NATO Macedonia medal issued?

sorry mate, you are right, the macedonia medal is nearly the same except it has white stripes on the outside aswell of the ribbon.