• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Can anyone identify this weapon?

A guy I work with has just come back from the US. Whilst out there he spent some time at the ranges and asked me what this weapon was.

It was being used by some sort of SWAT guy apparently.

jagman said:
Alsacien said:
I can ID the live .22lr on the floor....

Must have fallen out of the gun when it broke in half!
Arn't the Israelis trying to develop a weapon that will allow the user to shoot around corners in cqb? Apparently there is a hinge between the barrel/breech block assembly and the butt, it utilises a mini video cam and screen for aiming!

Alsacien

MIA
ex_colonial said:
jagman said:
Alsacien said:

Arn't the Israelis trying to develop a weapon that will allow the user to shoot around corners in cqb? Apparently there is a hinge between the barrel/breech block assembly and the butt, it utilises a mini video cam and screen for aiming!
Hermans had MP44's doing the same thing back in WW2 albeit without the optical option.

I wonder what the Israeli motivation is - avoiding being photographed perhaps?

ex_colonial said:
jagman said:
Alsacien said:

Israeli system for shooting around corners??

See here http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/corner_shot/Corner_Shot.htm

As a part of their cunning deception plan, they've called it.....errm......Corner Shot. It's been around a while, now.

Baseplate said:
ex_colonial said:
jagman said:
Alsacien said:

Israeli system for shooting around corners??

See here http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/corner_shot/Corner_Shot.htm

As a part of their cunning deception plan, they've called it.....errm......Corner Shot. It's been around a while, now.
Thanks baseplate, I must admit I thought they were developing an assault rifle version and a grenade launcher as well!

jagman said:
Alsacien said:

A 'Gun' 8O

My God, you'll have half the old 'n' bold having coronaries here using the incorrect designation...I can hear the sounds of rightious indignation being prepared for salvo already!!! :wink:

Latest Threads