can anyone identify this emblem.

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help id this emblem, it was on the lockers of my mates bedford RL light recovery wagon, he would like to know it's relevance before we start the repaint.

cheers.

You haven't posted a pic !

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help id this emblem, it was on the lockers of my mates bedford RL light recovery wagon, he would like to know it's relevance before we start the repaint.

cheers.
Looks like a version of one of these

Suffolk Flag

thanks for the rapid replies gents, is there any significance to a particular unit, our first thought was reme but some googling has turned up nothing.

Hi Guys,

cheers.
Well, a quick google search using this image brought these results:

JPEG - Google Search

So don't go bothering trying that method as it's clearly a load of shit...

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What year is the Bedford? Just ib case it can help narrow down what units were in existence at the time? Any note of what paint schemes were on it?

(Not as stupid as it sounds, once managed to track a light weight Landy's roung history through it's different paint jobs!)

Closest matches so far:

Officers Cap Badge Home counties Training Brigade 1958-68

Station Shield RAF Honington:

10th County of London Paddington Battalion (disbanded 1912) :

East Anglia Reserve Forces and Cadets Association:

Otherwise anything military to do with Suffolk seems to use the Gibraltar castle motif...

It's definitely East Anglian brigade/division (whatever it was called in the '60s). This was still in use by 36 (Eastern) Signal Regiment in the early '90s (though not on vehicles), but I'm not exactly sure who (or what) formation was using it when the RL was in use.

What year is the Bedford? Just ib case it can help narrow down what units were in existence at the time? Any note of what paint schemes were on it?

(Not as stupid as it sounds, once managed to track a light weight Landy's roung history through it's different paint jobs!)
I will be back in the yard tomorrow and will get the potted history we have for the RL and will post it up, cheers again for the help lads, it's not true what they say about the mil types, :hump:

I will be back in the yard tomorrow and will get the potted history we have for the RL and will post it up, cheers again for the help lads, it's not true what they say about the mil types, :hump:
Is the blue and green background part of the image and if so do you know where it is?