Can anyone identify the yellow flash??

Hi,
tearing what little is left of my hair out trying to id this 'odd' looking yellow badge on a 1950s battle dress blouse. The badge is shield like and on top right hand side '39' and the bottom left hand side '45'. Running from the mid top left to bottom right are the the letters MVG. Doesn't look at all British to me, but is on a bd blouse sporting 6th armoured division. Any help will be very welcome.
Cheers

Attachments

Sorry mate, had a look around - complete blank except for Malay Volunteer Group (which doesn't seem likely). Motor Vehicle Group perhaps?

I'm guessing it's the National 39/45 Military Vehicle Group badge - seem like a bunch of keen re-enactors and vehicle preservers. Don't seem to have a website, but come up on Google searches.

Yes did wonder if it was a re enacting group and would be great to confirm it because it just does not seem to fit in with Brit insignia at all. Cheers for your thoughts though.

B

bokkatankie

Lanyard on wrong arm is a bit of a worry, but would go with rest not real, re-enactors set of kit.

Also lack of chevrons on each arm gives re-enactor clue.

Thanks Flash Mactavish. I thought they wore the same chevrons too. I think sunsmi msy hsve nailed this one though. I'm going to investigate his findings as soon as I get back home.

cheers eveyone for very auick responses.

Latest Threads