Can Anyone Identify the aircraft in this picture ?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by NEO_CON, Mar 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is this in current affairs?
  2. Which one

You have everything from Broncos to B52s there
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I see lots of aircraft, which one are you interested in?
  4. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Poor definition on the posted image ... request Google Earth coordinates, over.
  5. Well there looks like a number of B52's there also loks like a U2, even a Jumbo Jet
  6. That would be The Boneyard at Davis-Monthan AFB. Do a google search for mor information.
  7. Is it a lorry with an orange missile on it?
    I think the pilots of the aircraft lined up three miles to the NNW could identify it for you. They're good at that sort of thing.
  8. Looks like Pima Air and Space museum , just outside Tuscon
  9. Where has the SR71 and Air Force One they had gone to?

They also had a couple of Spitfire's and a 109
  10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

the one in the middle of the picture, if thats the one you mean, with the oversized fuselage, looks like an Aero Spacelines Super Guppy. used by Nasa to fly rocket stages around the country, and also by Airbus to fly completed wings from the UK to the continent for assembly. used to be a fairly common sight over manchester till the Beluga started flying.
  11. I just found a DC3/C47 - aaahhh, happy days, flinging myself out of Mr Douglas at Zephyrhills . . . . . (while the spams made a f#ckup of the Tehran embassy raid) :biggrin:
  12. Pima Air Museum, I was there less than 6 months ago. If you look closely you can see me waving by the third B-52 from the right. A "G" model as I recall.
  13. I never been their but it is on my list of places to see