Can anyone ID this camouflage pattern please?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Yorkie1970, Nov 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Picked up some pouches in a job lot this week,but these have me stumped!
    Does anyone know which country the camouflage pattern is from?

Cheers,
    Yorkie

Attached Files:

2. Patently American design dating back to at least ALICE/Vietnam era, could be a Chinese product?

3. REALLY? then why is the same picture here and posted in July?
    Desert Cam,but which country?

4. Thanks for the replies.

5. Didn't Iraq buy this shortly before the first gulf war?

6. The bloke I bought it from must have posted them on that forum,he never mentioned anything to me about it!
    I'm using the pics he sent me,I'll go and have a read of that thread!

7. They (Iraq) brought British Desert camo a few years before which is why the MoD had to come up with a new desert camo (nearly had trouble getting it out in time) and is the reason why some troops were deployed to Saudi in normal camo and also jungle camo.

8. So,looks like UAE or Iraq,if the info on that forum is correct.

9. Compare to British Woodland, it is all the right shapes...

actual webbing pattern seemst to be ALICE.

10. Oh its LC-1 design suspenders, e-tool carrier, buttpack, ammo pouches, etc. Funny enough the e-tool carrier isn't usually worn on the joe, but attached to the rucksack for us.

The Holster looks like a Bianchi UM-84 sans flap but with thumbbreak in its place

11. The holster is a Bianchi,the tan magazine pouches are Spec- Ops brand.

12. Pattern looks like UK 4 colour desert (pre 1st gulf war) I am sure as memory allows that this was knocked up for some units in Saudi during the gulf.

13. As I understand it, Iraq bought the European theatre DPM, not Desert Pattern. You are however correct in saying that the Desert Pattern was introduced as a result of Iraqi Troops wearing DPM. Until then we had tropical DPM.