Can anyone help?

I am after finding out if anyone in the AAC has ever seen a painting by david shepherd hanging in a mess somewhere depicting the repair of a scout helicopter in the Radfan.

One of the characters in the painting was my father and I am trying to find out if there are any prints.

I am still trying to find out which units he served with.

Any help would be appreciated :D

You might want to ask the REME-types also. Just a thought.

Any idea what the painting is called?

Tartan_Terrier said:
Any idea what the painting is called?
There was a press release that my mum's got and it was titled "Baptism of Fire For 2 REME men" but it is unlikely that the painting was as named.

timex said:
ISTR that 5 Regt Sgts Mess had one hanging up in the original mess?

Shaun

I think it moved to the new 'Travel lodge' too. Down the main foyer on the right just before the bogs if I'm not much mistaken.

Just had a result in the Offr's mess apparently it is in the West Court Offr's Mess in Arborfield, going there today on a short course and am going to try and visit.

Thanks for all your replies and assistance, I might post a photo of the painting on this site if I get the chance.

Got it, now it has been posted in the gallery. Took pics of it and will also have them framed for family members.

Still trying to get a copy of the letter/commendation/citation/description that goes with it.

Thanks for all the help it has brought something home at last.