Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by ginganinja1uk, Oct 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am after finding out if anyone in the AAC has ever seen a painting by david shepherd hanging in a mess somewhere depicting the repair of a scout helicopter in the Radfan.

One of the characters in the painting was my father and I am trying to find out if there are any prints.

I am still trying to find out which units he served with.

Any help would be appreciated :D

2. You might want to ask the REME-types also. Just a thought.

3. Any idea what the painting is called?

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

5. have done already just waiting for an answer.

as I have spoken to the REME lot too. Ill wait for some more replies, I think I am getting closer to the truth

thanks for any help in advance

6. There was a press release that my mum's got and it was titled "Baptism of Fire For 2 REME men" but it is unlikely that the painting was as named.

7. ISTR that 5 Regt Sgts Mess had one hanging up in the original mess?

Shaun

8. I think it moved to the new 'Travel lodge' too. Down the main foyer on the right just before the bogs if I'm not much mistaken.

9. Just had a result in the Offr's mess apparently it is in the West Court Offr's Mess in Arborfield, going there today on a short course and am going to try and visit.

Thanks for all your replies and assistance, I might post a photo of the painting on this site if I get the chance.

10. Got it, now it has been posted in the gallery. Took pics of it and will also have them framed for family members.

Still trying to get a copy of the letter/commendation/citation/description that goes with it.

Thanks for all the help it has brought something home at last.