Can anyone help

Need help with these if anyone knows what they are would be usefull.
ie: who they represent.

DSCF2551.JPG

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bottom left is a B Trade badge

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer
I think the lower left one is a British Army 'B Class Trade' badge from about the 1930s and into the 1960s.

Edited to add : Bugger beaten to it by Joker.

Top one is the Alaaf Klub der Rheinländer Berlin, gegr.1875

Now closed it seems but from the Alaaf bit I would say something to do with the Carnival season in Germany.

So probably taken over by this lot

Startseite - Carneval Club Berlin e.V.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think the lower left one is a British Army 'B Class Trade' badge from about the 1930s and into the 1960s.

Edited to add : Bugger beaten to it by Joker.
And well into the 80s by the ACC :muhaha:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Top one is the Alaaf Klub der Rheinländer Berlin, gegr.1875

Now closed it seems but from the Alaaf bit I would say something to do with the Carnival season in Germany.

So probably taken over by this lot

Startseite - Carneval Club Berlin e.V.
I agree. Carnival club, a Berlin bear in party rig, but Rhinelander members. Alaarf is Cologne dialect, meaning all up or all out, as in bottoms up, empty your glass. German saturnalia.

Haven't got a clue about bottom right, a tower above a river, maybe an eagle on top? Single-headed above a wreath? Is there a swastika?

As regards the ALAAF thing, using Wiki ( Google Translate ) and battling through the Google translation, I get the impression is that the badge is for the Rheinland district of a "Guild of Jesters"*, for whom the recognition call is "Alaaf" - much in the same way as the Home Guard would call "Hi-de-hi" and respond "Ho-di-ho" (well in advance of the TV holiday camp comedy).

*That's my take on the translation, it could be "Company of Fools" or any similar phrase.

During a school exchange visit in 1973, the local town, Altshausen, had its carnival parade. One souvenir I still have of it is a plastic cameo of a jester, this character being the focal point of the parade and presumably a member of the Guild of Jesters.

Bit more on the jester theme:

Fasnet

The local tradition of the Swabian-Alemannic carnival called Fasnet can be traced back to 1348. At that time "town-hall dances" were reported, celebrating the end of a pest epidemy.
Every year, the Fasnet season starts with the Gumpige Dunnschdig (Jumpy Thursday) a week before Ash Wednesday. In the evening, the Hemedglonkerumzug (from "hemed" = nightgown in local dialect) takes place, so everybody runs through the streets in pyjamas or nightshirts. This custom symbolizes the awakening of carnival fools.
The main pageant takes place at Sunday. Typical carnival characters of Weingarten are the Plätzler (in a red and white costume, first depicted in 1868), the Lauratal ghosts and the Bockstallnarren ("buck stable fools"). In addition to these local groups, many other carnival groups from the region take part in the pageant.

The Plätzler Guild at Carnival

...and just remembered what the wording was around the plastic cameo - narrenzunft - Fools' Guild.

...and still going strong, it seems: Narrenzunft Altshausen - OHAAAA

Presumably "Oha!" is their equivalent of "Alaaf!"

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
It would be a carnival club for Rheinlanders who were living and working in Berlin between the wars. (cf. London Irish or London Scottish.)

Dug this up:

BBC - h2g2 - Carnival in Germany - A517655

More searching also says that 'Koelle alaaf' means Cologne ueber alles.

Berlin bear with the badge of Cologne:

At risk of being accused of stating the bleeding obvious, the lower right hand side one looks like a WW2 TRF that was worn near the top of the sleeves of the old Battle Dress jacket.

Example

As to what it represents, I'm buggered if I know.

At risk of being accused of stating the bleeding obvious, the lower right hand side one looks like a WW2 TRF that was worn near the top of the sleeves of the old Battle Dress jacket.

Example

As to what it represents, I'm buggered if I know.
Except the symbology doesn't look British, assuming it's a single-headed eagle on top.

DSCF2551.JPG
DSCF2551.JPG

The bottom right badge have what appears to be a J or reversed C on the tower. Does that throw anything into the equation. Its not a mark on the badge it is part of the embroidery.

Doing a little myself but the red over blue could be Queens Dragoons.

This is from my father in laws garage. And the help in trying to pin this stuff down is appreciated.

The bottom right badge have what appears to be a J or reversed C on the tower. Does that throw anything into the equation. Its not a mark on the badge it is part of the embroidery.
Jewish Brigade Artillery maybe?

Probably not, I would expect a star of David in there.

I see that as a shield or coat of arms.

The architecture is northern Germanic, maybe Hanseatic, but that could place it anywhere from Bremen to Vilnius.

Is it blue or black? Black, white and red are Prussian colours.

I'm thinking East Prussia.

Thousands of such people in the DP camps like Sennelager at the war's end.

I agree. Carnival club, a Berlin bear in party rig, but Rhinelander members. Alaarf is Cologne dialect, meaning all up or all out, as in bottoms up, empty your glass. German saturnalia.

Haven't got a clue about bottom right, a tower above a river, maybe an eagle on top? Single-headed above a wreath? Is there a swastika?
A ship on the sea, maybe?

The bottom right badge have what appears to be a J or reversed C on the tower.
Or it could be an I.

Volkssturm didn't have TRF-type badges, so it's not them but has to have a local connection.

German Youth Movement? Bus conductor?

Big German town beginning with I?

I'll start off with Ingolstadt.

Tried to get some clearer pics. Not great light in here but see what you can.
Strange badge.jpg