Can Anyone Help Me?!

Hi!

Wondering if anyone could help me... I've lost touch with alot of people I used to ork alongside/for as a younger bod when my dad was in the army.... its been ten years since I last spoke to any of them... Anyone any suggestions - or are you any of them?!! I helped out ith the regimental Polo Team!!

welcome to ARRSE, slightly random first post, where was your dad based? which regt polo team? a bit more info than:

'my dad was in the army do you know me' might help!!

"helped out with the gegt polo team" is a anagram for - can't ride properly ..ffnnaarrrrrr

LittleOleMe said:
Hi!

Wondering if anyone could help me... I've lost touch with alot of people I used to ork alongside/for as a younger bod when my dad was in the army.... its been ten years since I last spoke to any of them... Anyone any suggestions - or are you any of them?!! I helped out ith the regimental Polo Team!!
Yup a clue, which regimental polo team where? :D

The joys of being a Pads Brat!!

I was in Munster in 1986-88 but I dont remember you! :twisted:

LittleOleMe said:
And there was me trying to be subtle too!! Was with KRH, Munster posting
:lol: :lol: Stables down the back of Camp? Werent they old converted Garages?

8O Nope no idea! Had you said 16 years ago I might have been able to help :roll:

LittleOleMe said:
Hi!

Are you pretty?

I'm very familiar with York Kaserne but I left there in 1985/6. KRH weren't there then it was QRIH with 17/21L at Swinton Kaserne.

That would have been QRIH in 1986 then, certainly in the early part. The stables, although a converted hangar were newly renovated as we had a fire there in 1984.

The stables sgt was Gerry Fitzgerald. The Cpl was Terry Marsh and the farrier was another Terry, whose name escapes me now but he has since passed away.

None of those names are still serving which is why I feel ok to put them on here.

The stables were just to the left and below 4 Bde HQ, with the Bde accom blocks in front of it and our NAAFI and parade squre beyond that - with the tatty old tennis courts.

Tank park was the far side in the new hangars but just below the stables and gym was our GW Troop and recce troop.

Howzatt :D

GDav... Im impressed! When I first movd there, it was 14/20 KH who were there.... and I had been told about the fire... was the hayshed was is not?

So were/are you anything to do with horses?

Queensman said:
Are you pretty?
LittleOleMe said:
Opinions vary Queensman.... why do you ask?!!
Are you female? Queenies question although possibly slightly disturbing could apply to either sex!!