Can anyone help me with mooting?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by OCS001, Feb 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not really a question on an area of law just a desperate plea for help.

I have an assessed oral moot coming up within the week and was wondering whether anyone had any hints or tips?

If there are any barristers or solicitors on the site who would not mind helping out a desperate soul I would be eternally grateful.

If anyone can help PM me and I will provide more details.

Thanks in advance!

2. If it's any comfort I avoided all the mooting stuff during my law degree and post-graduate studies / traineeship cos it looked like a lot of false w@nk.

I'm now arguing the toss in the criminal courts most days and really don't think I've missed out.

But if you have to do it, it's all about confidence and thinking on your feet - not things you can practice I'm afraid.
  3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

You cannot imagine my disappointment when I found 'mooting' did not involve rural lay-bys and young ladies who have neglected to don underwear,
  4. You'll find it's the button on the remote with a picture of a loudspeaker crossed out... in Norfolk.

Hope this helps.
  5. Unfortunately I have no choice on the matter. It was a compulsory module which was twinned with Criminal Law.

Thanks for the other comments, although not along the lines I was hoping :D

6. Now that was good Crabbers. Very dry. The occasional pearl like that makes the odd hour on arrse well worth it. Moot....! :p
  7. if you wnat a hand drop me a pm with the question!

to be honest i always found moots fairly easy
  8. I used to lecture in law and train and examine in Higher Rights Advocacy - happy to help. Drop a PM and give me some details of what you're doing.
  9. Thanks for the offer of help exnortherner and Long_Tooth. Sorry about not dropping a PM, I failed to check this topic in time before my moot. I did ok I think, if I have to do another one I will be sure to come to you for words of wisdom. Thanks again.