Can anyone help? - Cream Soda

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by 57spanners, Jun 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone out there help me with this, back in the 80's there was a drink known as Cream Soda, (tasted just like it hence the name), that was very popular in Sqn/Bty/LAD etc bars.

Someone asked me the other day if I knew what went into it, I can't remember myself but I'm hoping someone out there can. Does anyone remember it?

I have searched the internet and come up with spiced rum and 7up/sprite any other recipes out there?

2. Guess the company has long gone but try looking up Corona Soft Drinks- bought out by Beechams in the early 70's-
    I remember they sold it -along with Dandelion and Burdock-

3. Double vodka, single bacardi, dash of blackcurrant juice in a half-pint glass, topped up with lemonade. Get it right and you can't taste any of the booze in it.

4. I think he means the alchoholic version, not the soft drink.

1 x tot Vodka
    1 x tot Bacardi
    Ice
    Fill glass with lemonade (Sprite clear variety)
    Pour a tot of Blackcurrant cordial over the back of a dessert spoon into the glass, so that the Blackcurrant cordial lies at the bottom!

Voila! :D One Cream soda!
    Official Rat Pit Recipe

5. 1 x tot Vodka
    1 x tot Bacardi
    Ice
    Fill glass with lemonade (Sprite clear variety)
    Pour a tot of Blackcurrant cordial over the back of a dessert spoon into the glass, so that the Blackcurrant cordial lies at the bottom!

Voila! :D One Cream soda![/quote]

Nice one, when my guts go back in, I'll be getting hammered on that. :D

6. As above, but if you don't go for double vodka and double bacardi you are a poof.

It looks and tastes like cough mixture, but it plays some wicked tricks with your memories.

I remember being a macho god and shagging a beauty queen.
    It turns out I was a pissed up embarresment and bedded a pig in lipstick.

7. If you put a tia maria in it you had a "Jelly Bean". We used to go for treble shots on the vodka/bacardi, it meant you forgot what you'd had to drink once you'd walked out of the bar into the fresh air.

8. Tesco do / did do cream soda. Whites in Aylesbury do it.

9. ASDA do both Cream Soda and Dandelion & Burdock in el cheapo 2 litre bottles. Bought some for old times sake a couple of weeks ago.

*buuuurp*

10. if its the alkyhole-ic version you're after, Absolut vanilla voddie and lemonade is pretty damn close to the taste of cream soda!!

Or just have cream soda with vodka in it....either one is for winners :D