Can anyone give me a list of challenges?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by beduffrich, Nov 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All. My first post here so go easy. I'm not military, but have a massive respect for the way that you lads and lasses go about your business. Anyway, I'm looking for a list of challenges in the uk in 2012. I'd like to physically and mentally push myself next year. I don't know where to look and I'm sure by being in the military you get to hear of a lot more than I do, being stuck in this region of Middle England that's totally flat and boring.

So yeah lists of upcoming challenges and some links if possible would be great.

thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. 3 Peaks
    Half Ironman
    Cross Channel Swim
    Lands End to John O'Groats (walk or cycle)
    Coast to Coast walk
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bev from Beverly.
    Suzy Wong from Churchcrookham.
    Fat Pat from Chatham.
    The Dagenham girl pipers.
  4. Nah I've done all of them mate, What Suzy did to me was just Wrong.
  5. TurtleHead

TurtleHead Old-Salt Book Reviewer

There's a girl from work who is a lemon licker and a bit of a tough nut to crack however with a couple of bacardi's i reckon you could get in there. Plus she is a bit of a lump so you could incorporate a bit of self-defence also
  6. Have a look at Tough Guy, you are probably too late for the winter '12 event as places go quickly. The summer event should be ok as it is some time off. The Web Site is Tough Guy - The Safest Most Dangerous Event in the World!

Also look at the Yorkshire 3 Peaks at Three Peaks Walks - Walks, accommodation, entertainment and much more in the Yorkshire area - this is a decent challenge as you cover 24.5 miles and climb around 5000ft. the cut off time is 12 hours but we did it as a best effort to make it a little more interesting! You can do this at any time of the year.

And finally - the Rat Race series at Rat Race - Rat Race Events is a good crack!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. How many laps is it? this looks just the type of thing I'm after.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Get a TA to shape their beret correctly.
  9. Cheers, I've looked at tough guy before, but i'm not tough enough yet. The rat races look awesome.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. After that he can source some rocking horse shit....
  11. Walk the coastal path on the Isle of Man with a bunch of mates/like minded feckwits. - appx 103 miles in 5 days. Get up, big breakfast, tab 20 miles, finish at nearest boozer, eat and drinks loads, basha up, then repeat until endex.
  12. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

A few more to google,

Walk across Wales.
    Spires and Steeples cross country marathon
    Exmoor 30:30