Can anybody tell me about the Intelligence Corps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed they do. I once had a Boss who made sweeping reforms to the biscuit front. Out with Jaffa cakes, in with shortbeard, chocolate and toffee cookies etc.

Come to think of it, that was his most valid contribution, and they only thing he was remembered for when he went onwards and upwards.

Was the shortbeard for undercover ops perhaps? I had one once but my toffee cookies kept making it sticky.

On the plus side, the OP is willing to give up at least a £100,000 per year salary (even at Bristol rates, let alone London rates for the experience described) to drop down massively to a L/CPL's pay. :)
Believe it or not you can't just get a high paying job in IT without work experience or university degrees.

On the plus side, the OP is willing to give up at least a £100,000 per year salary (even at Bristol rates, let alone London rates for the experience described) to drop down massively to a L/CPL's pay. :)
What? Lance Jacks aren’t starting on £100k any more? Next thing you’ll be telling me they just get the entry level V8 Aston Martin.

How times have changed.

@Hapiel

Ask yourself a question.

How likely is it that anyone with an intimate knowledge of British military intelligence is going to post it online.

Anyone who knows stuff won’t tell you. Anyone who posts and doesn’t know stuff
Is whistling out of his arrse.

Read the official Army website. Read the threads here. Read stuff online.

There are posters here who could help you (the clue is in the username) but won’t.

Ask another question. If I posted the same request on a Sov Military site what response would I get?

This is about the tenth time this request has been posted in the last year.

Still not as many perks.
The person I mentioned above gets more cash in perks, freebies and expenses than a fresh officer gets as a wage, and that's all before any salary is included.
Let's not forget, a person with a huge background in the area mentioned can easily earn more than a Brigadier, and perhaps twice as much.
Why would a person with such an extensive career history want to go Int Corps, when GCHQ and other agencies are crying out for those skills.

The Cyber Security ‘expert’ at my (ex) Force joined at the equivalent grade of Chief Inspector, and he was only aged nine.

Believe it or not you can't just get a high paying job in IT without work experience or university degrees.
Wah shield up

Was there any particular reason you felt the need to post that to me?

If you felt I'm not very familiar with the industry, then perhaps you were just making wild assumptions..............again you are not showing the qualities the Intelligence Corps are looking for.

Wah shield down :)

Why would a person with such an extensive career history want to go Int Corps, when GCHQ and other agencies are crying out for those skills.

The Cyber Security ‘expert’ at my (ex) Force joined at the equivalent grade of Chief Inspector, and he was only aged nine.
Goodness knows, ask the OP.
The person I've mentioned wouldnt have any interest in the forces.

I'm not going to put my all into asking a basic question on a forum, it's just a forum. I do have a huge background in cyber crime, but I started very early. In short I don't give a **** about this forum, it's just a website.
Not going to put your all into asking a question - you'll go so far in life - but then again we can play too ;-)

Last edited:
As buscuits have been mentioned I can't help wondering if the recent KFC issue has caused any problems with the Intelligence Corps AR units.
I can think of one unit that seems to eat quite a lot of the stuff :)
Imagine having to live on shortbread instead of the Colonel's finest.

They only employ social spastics.

If the OP is slightly ahead of himself in estimating his powers to overthrow modern, technological society, it's apparently a superb way to do a few years and then when out literally answer difficult interview questions with, "Well, obviously I have experience in that area, but having signed the OSA and maybe having more advanced, non-civ knowledge, I couldn't possibly say......" More years of dossing about ensued...... I was told.

You guys must be thinking that I'm asking about specific details of their jobs, when I'm obviously not.

Here's how I wanted this thread to go:

Q: What are your responsibilities in this job?

A: We analyse intelligence, intercept communications, write reports for government officials.

This is the kind of answer you idiots think I'm looking for:

A: We're currently deployed in so and so and are doing such and such to weaken our enemies and help our allies on the ground. Here's a huge list of intelligence we've gathered so far...

You guys must be thinking that I'm asking about specific details of their jobs, when I'm obviously not.

Here's how I wanted this thread to go:

Q: What are your responsibilities in this job?

A: We analyse intelligence, intercept communications, write reports for government officials.

This is the kind of answer you idiots think I'm looking for:

A: We're currently deployed in so and so and are doing such and such to weaken our enemies and help our allies on the ground. Here's a huge list of intelligence we've gathered so far...
Why 'must' be thinking what you are simply assuming?
Why would a thread go the way 'you' wanted it to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.