Can Anybody Recommend an Hotel in London?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by tomthetinker, Jun 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking for a reasonably priced hotel or B&B in London; it has to be suitable for 3 small kids, so no crackwhore fleapits around Kings Cross or the UJ club thank you :D

North of the river is probably best, with access to all the tourist sites, or close to a tube.

If anybody knows a decent place I'd be grateful.
  2. Depending on when you are travelling you could utilise any of the offers currently running in the newspapers.
    Failing that try I,ve always found them OK.
  3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

The Spousal Unit recently stayed at The Royal Trafalgar in Trafalgar Square. I think they offer ajoining rooms with a linking door for families. Restaurant service was iffy but there are plenty of places to eat in the area. is also a good option.
  4. Try Travelodge, there is a new one recently opened close to Tower Hill tube station. Very close to Tower of London, Tower Bridge and London Dungeon for the kids. Tower Hill is on the circle line so only a few stops round from Kings Cross.
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I find Brown's quite good, and family friendly. Claridges is ok, but a bit touristy.
  7. FFS is he letting out No 10 now :x

Holiday Inn is not bad
  8. I wouldn't fancy staying at No 10. Can you imagine trying to keep your food down while looking at that gotch eyed mong, and listening to him alternately growl and whinge his way through dinner?

I'd be sleeping with my valuables taped to my body and a weapon within reach as well....

Thanks for the replies; nothing like a bit of local knowledge :D
  9. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

If you're prepared to venture down the District line to Wimbledon - spotlessly clean, big rooms, take families, massive breakfast, cheap.
  10. Try the Victory Services Club. It's an all ranks club with excellent facilities (restaurant, bar, reading room etc). Two minutes walk from Marble Arch and the rooms are around £50 a night. You have to pay £20 a year to join though.
  11. I know you said "not the UJC", but did you know it does family rooms? I have used it with my Mrs and kids and its fine.
  12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I'd agree on this. It's not the Ritz but its comfortable, clean and cheap.
  13. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

14. Try the Sunborn Yacht by the Excel Centre. DLR/Tube links into centre, not too expensive, they do good deals, very comfortable and a little bit different.

15. VanHelsing

The Sunborn Yacht Hotel at Excel is no more, I'm afraid. It sailed over the horizon late last summer, destination Nigeria. I think it was bought by the Government there.