Can anybody Help?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Fellows, Jan 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hope you don't mind me submitting this question, I work for an auctioneers in Birmingham and I was wondering if anyone recognises the regiment of these sweetheart brooches. Please find images attached. Thankyou in advance, Claire.:nod:

Attached Files:

2. Nice, I must admit.....some sort of Light Infantry Regiment but I don't know it, have
    patience, some of the Lads will be along soon with the definative answer for you.

3. Perhaps look for light infantry. FF could mean first of foot? I am sure there will be someone along soon who will know!

4. Frontier Force Regiment, The Frontier Force Regiment (popularly known as the "Piffers" or the "FF") is one of six Infantry regiments in the Pakistan Army. At present, the regiment consists of 67 battalions and has its regimental depot at Abbottabad in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.[SUP][1][/SUP] For that reason Abbottabad is also known as Home of Piffers.[SUP][2][/SUP] Currently the regiment includes both mechanised and motorised infantry battalions. Other than these there are also some Armoured and Artillery battalions which were raised from the strength of Frontier Force or one of its predecessor regiments.

5. Frontier Force Regiment I think. Old British Indian Army unit and now Pakistan Army I think.

6. The Frontier Force Regiment is Pakistan's third oldest regiment after the Punjab and Baloch. The regiment was raised in 1957 through the amalgamation of three Pakistan Army regiments, all with their origins in two regiments which had been transferred to Pakistan from the British Indian Army at the time of the partition of India in 1947. These two regiments were the Frontier Force Regiment and the Frontier Force Rifles. The third component, the Pathan Regiment, had been raised after partition from elements of the former two. The merger took place when a major reorganisation of regiments was carried out in the Pakistan Army.[SUP][1][/SUP]

As the badges have the Kings Crown they are ' probably' Frontier Force Rifles but that is just my assumption.

7. They are definitely for the pre-Independence Indian 12th Frontier Force Regiment. Note that two of them have the number '12' and that the brooches have 'Regt' instead of 'Rifles'. The Frontier Force Rifles were the 13th numbered Indian regiment.

[​IMG]

8. Your boss wasn't once a gunner was he? Ex 40 field Regiment?

9. My Father was a British Officer in the 12th Frontier Force Regiment and this is definitely a regimental sweetheart broach, he passed away in 1990, but I would be interested to know what the estimated sale price is.

10. I have absolutely no idea. But in accordance with most commercial enterprises these days, that'll be £150 commission for letting you know that.

Have a nice day. :)

11. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

The then Indian Army dropped all the pre-nominals for their Infantry Regiments in 1945, so these will probably be at least WW2 vintage.

12. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Naveed, there used to be a fair amount of old Indian Army stuff knocking around the UK right up to the 1970s, but you'll have to scour high and low these days. There are still some gems to be found though. just beware of anything coming out of the subcontinent as they can often be substandard and inaccurate copies.

Also, how much are you willing to pay? This capbadge on ebay is going for £45

A copy would cost around £5 if all you wanted to do was make a display.