Can anybody help me?

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by jest265, Feb 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I'm looking for a bit of info re training grounds.

I'm a member of Sheffield Rag (ex squaddie tho) we organise events to raise money for charity.

One of my latest ideas is to do a mass escape and evade. The idea will to be having 2 running on a weekend, one in the north and one in the south. Does anybody know how I would go about asking the amry to lend us a few areas for 24 hrs.

The event will be sponsored, ie each person getting sponsored for how long they can stay uncaught. The money raised from the northern one will go to kidscan and to Meningitis Research Foundation, with 20% of each going to Students in Mind.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Also, does anybody know how I go about contacting KAPE abotu other events, I have searched the whole army website and can't find anything about them. Do they still exist?

Rach xxxx

2. I'm sure they could possibly spare Otterburn or Salisbury Plain for you to use. Seriously though, try going to your local army recruiting office and ask them to provide you with contacts if possible.

3. I tried that a few weeks ago, they said they would get somebody to get back to me, but typical armys comms have interfered and I haven't heard anything. I don't want to keep calling them and mithering as they will prob refuse to help then.

4. Headquarters ATE SP
    Westdown Camp, Tilshead, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP3 4RS
    Telephone: 01980 620819
    LIVE Firing Information line: 01980 674763

Headquarters Army Training Estate
    Land Warfare Centre, Warminster, Wiltshire BA12 ODJ
    Telephone: 01985 222856

Defence Estates
    Blakemore Drive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B75 7RL
    Telephone: 0121 311 2000

GOOGLE is your friend!!!

www.defence-estates.mod.uk

5. If this is going to be kosher you are probably going to have to apply for a licence fro Defence Estates <DE> ( formerly defence land agents) and will need to approach their local office in the area you want to use.

If you contacted the local training area, they will probably have dropped the whole thing into the too difficult bucket.

If you have an OTC or maye in a local TA unit suggest you try + get someone there to make an approach.

DE are going to ask you:

what sort of liability insurance you have in place for the event?
    what sort of safety cover you are going to provide?
    and may even want a copy of your Risk Assessment.

As opposed to the first stage of E+E, it might be simpler to move to the stage after capture and have a sponsored:

" I survived squatting in white noise with a hood on" for X hours, this could be done in the comfort of a quiet corner of the union.

Don't forget to ask Lancaster OTC for some handy tips on DIY "prisoner abuse" photos and you could get an excellent donation from the Daily Mirror as well :wink:

6. Let me know when you have got it all sorted and I'll come down with some ACF cadets. I would contact Otterburn as it is one of the best training area.

If you are successful why don't you think about taking it to BFG as you could use STC which is a massive training area....?

7. Army Training Estates, is also a good place to seek help....

Headquarters ATE South West
    Building 7, Wyvern Barracks, Exeter, Devon EX2 6AE
    Telephone: 01342 492 482

Headquarters Army Training Estate
    Land Warfare Centre, Warminster, Wiltshire BA12 ODJ
    Telephone: 01985 222856

Defence Estates
    Blakemore Drive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B75 7RL
    Telephone: 0121 311 2000

Or see
    http://www.army.mod.uk/ate/contact/index.htm