Can any one give me some tips on fitness

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by markey1986, Sep 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey can any one give me any tips on how to train for the fitness side of the ta if you know what i mean

Thank you
  2. How old and how fit are you?

3. Get some good running shoes
  4. and run....
  5. Lots of grimy sex with lots of dirty women... wearing your new training shoes of course.
  6. But that might get them dirty
  7. I can help you in terms of weight training, cardio training and diet..... But I need to know a little bit more about you.... Such as everything!
  8. General tips:
    Start off any exercise program gently
    Each week should include: short run; longer run; press-up, sit-up, pull-up circuit; rest.
    Every week add a little bit to each of the exercises
    Don't train if you don't feel well
    Stop if you feel any pain in your joints (but burning lungs is ok, in fact it's encouraged)
    But most importantly, don't listen to the advice of random guys like me on the internet. Ask a PTI at your unit.
  9. msr

msr LE

You can never be fit enough....
  10. yeah, run like her old man just walked in through the front door as you where just getting to your vinegar stroke :) thrice weekly and you'll be super D duper in no time, just dont actually get caught by her old man......
  11. msr, you have all the answers.
  12. do about 40 mile a day you stab.
    200 pressup
    350 sit-ups
    once you have done all that each day get hammered on wife beater and do it all again.
  13. freedomofspeech, I like you. I like your acerbic wit. It's like having Noel Coward come to visit, minus the creepy feeling when he puts his hand on my knee.

I'm not saying you're a total homo, but even if you are, where's the harm? All part of life's rich pageant, I say.
  14. faster and learn to jump over things that might be high in the air.
  15. Fitness is well overated. Why run to a battle and you'll never be fast enough to dodge a bullet! Get in the unit bar, invest in some bezzering and let the PSIs shag you mum, sister and girlfriend (cat/dog too if you're going RSignals). 8)