Can a unit stop you from doing C1 training?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Mad_hippy, Mar 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can a unit stop you from doing C1 training?

Can a unit stop you from doing C1 training at another TAC?

2. Yes but only if you are a spanker or belong to a "lodge".

I take it you aren't doing C1 trg?

3. I am doing C1 training at unit and at my parent unit (got to love the RTC system), but someone is potentially trying to stop it, especially with my parent unit. Even though none of the training is dangerous,
    it just seems like a cnut does not like "attached personnel" getting ahead or doing other things.

4. Why do C1 training anyway? If you start doing it for free they'll start expecting everyone to do it for free, you should know what a bunch of penny pinching and vindictive ***** the MoD can be when they set their minds to it.

5. msr

msr LE

Do you have written approval to train with another unit?

6. Written approval was given by previous holder of same position/post

7. msr

msr LE

Wave the letter at them then

8. What c1 trg? Are you being a scab?

• Like Like x 2
  9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

And you didn't have the courtesy to check that the new incumbent was happy to continue with this arrangement?

10. No they can't. Just rock up at any TA or regular unit with your kit and ask to join in. It will be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have checked in, and the incumbant is not happy with it. Did not give an explanation, hence the question.

12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

And the answer to you question. While you are on his/her books, the authority for other training lies with them. I had to stop it for a number of soldiers who ended up doing far more training outside of the unit they were on strength of than in it.

The odd bit of training elsewhere (paid or C1) is fine - if it gets to be more than that then it is reasonable to be asked to concentrate on your own unit or seek a transfer to where you seem to want to spend your time.

13. On no account do as you are told.

• Like Like x 1