Can a romanian join the british army ?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by argus_man, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [/b]Hy guys,
    My name is Alin , I’m a Romanian living in Spain , willing to join the British army.
    I called the recruitment office and they told me that is impossible for me to join. But I spooked with people( former army officers ) that tolled me that’s not true.
    So now I don’t know where to get the 1 million answer to my question….
    What’s the way of joining the army for a nonCommonwealth citizen ???????????
    I need an advice or an idea .
    Looking forward to hear from you.
    Thank you very much for your time !!

2. No, join the spanish army? :wink:

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

No idea but you could try the FFL or the SFL, If IIRC the Para Regt have a Padre who was SFL at one time.

On the plus side if this isn't a wah its nice to see that someone wants to join the UK armed forces.

4. Do they let pikey Big Issue sellers in......hope not.

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

well the dont seem to have any problem letting them kick a ball around on a pitch with the rest of the Jessies

6. Welcome to the site, A-M!

Of course, Romanians can join the British Army, especially when the grammar and spelling of their application is ten times better than the indigenous population's! However, there is only one recruiting office dealing with such applications and that is in Ullapool.

To apply, you must travel from Spain to Ullapool in the back of a lorry without being caught. You are also not allowed to travel with any form of documentation on you.

Kind of an escape and evasion exercise, you see. Achieve the goal and you'll be in. Easy! Do have a good trip! :twisted:

Litotes

7. ...and were done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.