Can a Raleigh be used for cycling?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cutaway, Sep 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Serious question. I know Raleigh bikes are incredibly tough and winter is coming. I'm putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with some justification on buying one. Would a Raleigh be any good for cycling on or should I go for something with more wheels ?

What sort of knife should I use ?

Stalking
    +Cycling
    +STABbing
    =All in one bit of kit!

2. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

I use an old Raleigh "Stonefly" mountain bike with a 90watt electric motor strapped onto the back wheel for when I get tired,well I am almost 60, it's great for poping down the pub and as Cardiff is a really good bike friendly place it suits me well.

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

That I can understand. Normally I just use a boneshaker and a panga but since moving back to Scotland the locals get bloody bitter and if I can get one bike that I can go cycling on and out stalking with in winter, save on the blood chits.

Your suggestion is interesting but I've never been in the Black Mafia and anyway, I thought Collins had headbutted laminate in a drinking game.

4. As long as it's not a Walter.

Hat, coat, door

5. The most important thing is to remember to have a playing card protruding from the spokes to catch the forks, so as you ride you get a 'clack clack clack' sound, which actually gets faster the faster you go!

6. would you use a buffalo shiirt whilst out on your cycle?

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Shit no !
    A Syncerus caffer might find me attractive !

8. [​IMG]

If we can trace his descendents, then I think we've got the makings of a new BBC Docu-Commentary!