Can a P7 Soldier get the bounty??

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by F_A_B__BABY!, Jan 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was told by my PSAO that a P7 soldier is not able to get a bounty, is this true? and if so where would I go to find the definitive answer (Army regs, TA regs etc) ?

2. I would suggest that you refer him to TA Regs:

Certificate of Efficiency

2.058. At the end of each training year every member of the TA who fulfils hisbountyearning obligations is to be granted a Certificate of Efficiency by his commanding officer. Where necessary, the certificate is to specify alternative training/service authorized to count in lieu of camp. With effect from the start of the 2006/07 training year each member of the TA must meet the following conditions in order to qualify for a Certificate of Efficiency:

a. Unless excused for medical reasons, pass the Military Annual Training Test (MATT) at the level specified by his commanding officer, in accordance with MATT regulations prepared by DTrg(A).

If you have been downgraded recently, you will have specific limitations to your P7 grading - e.g. not BFT or CFT

3. msr

msr LE

On what grounds?

Certificate of Efficiency

2.058. At the end of each training year every member of the TA who fulfils his bounty earning obligations is to be granted a Certificate of Efficiency by his commanding officer. Where necessary, the certificate is to specify alternative training/service authorized to count in lieu of camp. With effect from the start of the 2006/07 training year each member of the TA must meet the following conditions in order to qualify for a Certificate of Efficiency:
    a. Unless excused for medical reasons, pass the Military Annual Training Test (MATT) objectives as specified each year by HQ LAND G3 Trg according to his length of service and training objectives achieved. Personnel in the High Readiness Reserve are required to pass all MATTs at level 1 in order to qualify for the HRR bounty. These requirements may be adjusted by HQ LAND. Personnel granted an extension to the 2005/06 training year may qualify for that year by either fulfilling the former ITD requirements or the new MATTs.

Edit: beaten to it :)

4. He's probably just trying to encourage you to do some exercise or something. I'd hazard a guess at the fact that the average PSI doesn't even know what colour the folder for TA Regs is...

5. Yes, nice one because all PSI's are feckless idiots obviously!!!

6. msr

msr LE

Especially as it was his PSAO who said 'no' :)

7. On the other hand, cute avatar ...

8. msr

msr LE

Shame it is a computer generated image....

9. Surely the Turing Test only applies if you want a post-coital conversation!

10. He's now telling me I cant attend, 10 months after being downgraded! and so I'll not be able to attend a camp/course to qualify for bounty, strangely he was happy for me to carry out MATT testing on others for their bounty quals!!
    Who makes the final decision on this? him? the C.O?