Can’t promote no matter how much I do!

Buddy!

War Hero
As I'm sure you know, you're too old to go for a DE Commission under the existing system, but have the prospect of a LE Commission from anywhere between Sgt-WO1 (varies by cap badge and subject to change soon).

I've seen this many, many times in the time I've been in. It all sounds like further evidence to suggest that the SJAR system is a mess. Why is promotion not based on evidenced competency rather than opinions of a couple of individuals who you probably rarely see?

Hohenidoom

Old-Salt
As I'm sure you know, you're too old to go for a DE Commission under the existing system, but have the prospect of a LE Commission from anywhere between Sgt-WO1 (varies by cap badge and subject to change soon).

I've seen this many, many times in the time I've been in. It all sounds like further evidence to suggest that the SJAR system is a mess. Why is promotion not based on evidenced competency rather than opinions of a couple of individuals who you probably rarely see?

MS is meant to be evidenced - I certainly used to get shouted at a lot when I wrote things that were less than empirical. Random opinions slotted in there is poor showing on the front of the writers - it should (and easily can) be challenged where possible.

Latest Threads