Campaign for a Veterans Medal

Came home today to find a letter from the above org, asking for support and a £3.60 donation. They must have got my details from the RBL, anyone else heard of this mob. They are from Haddington.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Never mind a veterans medals, ask when I am going to get my 'Bravery in BAOR' medal with Cold War Clasp please.

Waited fecking years for it to go with my single lonely GSM.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Oh dear not the NDM again.

Yer, I've got one of those as well: if you read the covering letter, it says that '.......it comes to you under the auspices of the RBL..........'

I'm wary of stuff such as this. It also makes a tenuous claim to highlight the Waterloo Medal (1815 and all that) as being the first 'veterans medal'. Which is bollox. The Waterloo Medal is a campaign medal: it just happened to be the first British medal that was awarded, named, to all eligible soldiers.

The £3.60 includes £2.00 for Veterans Medal Campaign to submit an application on your behalf for the medal, if the petition campaign is successful. This is disingenuous at best: if such a medal is granted, Medal Office will be going through hoops for years to track you down and send it to you.

Meh. A phone call to RBL come the morning, I think.

I've got a Veteran's Badge which I don't wear. Why do I want a Veteran's Medal that I'll also not wear to go along with the other medals I've got which I no longer wear?

barneyrnsm

Old-Salt
I am sending it back just negative the money, free medal after you have left the mob anyone?

Finished with main motors. And steering.

The reason I posted this is because I've been a member of the RBL since I left in 98, but I've never joined a club as there are none near me and I didn't give permission for my details to be sold on to some scam outfit to con old BAOR alcoholics.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

The reason I posted this is because I've been a member of the RBL since I left in 98, but I've never joined a club as there are none near me and I didn't give permission for my details to be sold on to some scam outfit to con old BAOR alcoholics.
It looks very much like a genuine organisation run by ex BAOR alcoholics who are insecure about their lack of government awarded jewellery.

The video forgot

The bloke who did a year after basic And PVR'd
The bloke who sat in, Catterick, Herford, Tidworth, Osnabruck.... For 3 years until he PVR'd
The bloke who sat in, Catterick, Herford, Tidworth, Osnabruck.... For 22 years until he got a lovely pension thank yo very much.
The 'medical/compassionate' discharge from Basic
The SNLR
The professional malingerer

And all the rest who did a few years aggressive camping and have been cap badge blazer wearing professional veterans ever since ^~

Fire4effect

Old-Salt
It looks very much like a genuine organisation run by ex BAOR alcoholics who are insecure about their lack of government awarded jewellery.
I don't see why they need to be insecure. I got several awards in BAOR and I accepted them all.

Posted from the ARRSE side of the moon

Think there might be a point in giving some type of official recognition to the families of those who have died in training exercises?

ACAB

LE
You can shove your NDM. I am going to start a campaign for the Scots Guards to be granted the Battle Honour "Trafalgar".

No, not that one, the REAL one where a gang of 'steamers' burst into the Trafalgar Pub on the Kings Road demanding our wallets. Slight mistake, the only customers were Guardsmen and the nannies we were bonking. Three minutes of fury later and there wasn't one of them left. One was outside standing on the roof of a car screaming for the police to rescue him from the snarling, vicious bastards below and another had attempted to escape through the Gents Bog window and got himself stuck where he made a perfect target for those of us who had 'self armed' with pool cues......allegedly.

You can shove your NDM. I am going to start a campaign for the Scots Guards to be granted the Battle Honour "Trafalgar".

No, not that one, the REAL one where a gang of 'steamers' burst into the Trafalgar Pub on the Kings Road demanding our wallets. Slight mistake, the only customers were Guardsmen and the nannies we were bonking. Three minutes of fury later and there wasn't one of them left. One was outside standing on the roof of a car screaming for the police to rescue him from the snarling, vicious bastards below and another had attempted to escape through the Gents Bog window and got himself stuck where he made a perfect target for those of us who had 'self armed' with pool cues......allegedly.
If it helps, I never saw a thing. No, sir. No siree, Bob.

Latest Threads