Campaign chairs

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by skid2, Feb 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

So there I was looking at a couple of campaign/roorkhee chairs and thought.
    Yeah, back of the house (when I get rid of the rats) then saw the price.
    For a collection of of wood and canvas or leather.
    Anybody know of anyone doing this stuff at a rational price.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. Make one? Or better yet, this could be an interesting new SME opportunity...

3. Had a quick google and there are lots of plans out there. I lack the skills to be honest (or the space in an apartment unless I were to convert my second bedroom study to a woodworking room) but a decent carpenter should be able to knock one out I imagine.

4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

My old place of work sell these:

[​IMG]

Not cheap at 800 ish quid a pop. They're very good quality rosewood and leather.

I know they were made in India, you might be able to find the supplier if you dig deep enough.

Alternatively just get a deckchair/director's chair, stain up the wood and replace the canvas with leather. :)

5. Ravers, that is a thing of beauty - my apartment is all hard surfaces, black, greys and walnut. Very cool - but I would give my left bollock for a pair of them.

6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You'll need to make up a load. People tend to buy them in batches of 4 or more.

Nice thing to pull out of the boot of your Range Rover at a posh picnic/shoot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Whats the market like for these chairs ravers?

8. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

9. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Thank you.
    That's really interesting and I'm going to get killed. Aged P arrived back from Normandy with mumblings of a Willy's to annoy the neighbours. Within thirty two feet he realised that this piece of crap was worse than a series two.

10. Heady days on the Frontier, one's servant setting up camp - the chair, folding desk, canvas bucket, tin wash bowl, charpoy, valise, a whisky pani before a stroll up the Malakand. Ready Aye Ready!