Campaign chairs

Had a quick google and there are lots of plans out there. I lack the skills to be honest (or the space in an apartment unless I were to convert my second bedroom study to a woodworking room) but a decent carpenter should be able to knock one out I imagine.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My old place of work sell these:

Not cheap at 800 ish quid a pop. They're very good quality rosewood and leather.

I know they were made in India, you might be able to find the supplier if you dig deep enough.

Alternatively just get a deckchair/director's chair, stain up the wood and replace the canvas with leather. :)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Ravers, that is a thing of beauty - my apartment is all hard surfaces, black, greys and walnut. Very cool - but I would give my left bollock for a pair of them.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
F*** me! There's about 3 bd ft of wood in that. Genuine Indian rosewood (if you can get it) costs about $40/bd ft (cf oak at $4/bd ft). Cocobolo is an acceptable substitute for most applications, costs about $20/bd ft. So call it $100 in wood. and they sell for GBP800? That's $1400 or so.

I need to fix my lathe up. And get the mrs to learn how to sew leather.
You'll need to make up a load. People tend to buy them in batches of 4 or more.

Nice thing to pull out of the boot of your Range Rover at a posh picnic/shoot.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Whats the market like for these chairs ravers?

Heady days on the Frontier, one's servant setting up camp - the chair, folding desk, canvas bucket, tin wash bowl, charpoy, valise, a whisky pani before a stroll up the Malakand. Ready Aye Ready!