Camp Notifications

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by mungeous, Oct 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,
    I'm after an electronic version of this form. Does it exist or do they have to be hand written?
    Rgds
    Mungy

2. How camp do you want it to be?

Perhaps you could write it on pink paper?

3. Camp as you like as long as I don't have to write it out a hundred times.

4. You should be done under the trade descriptions act

I clicked on this expecting to see a Sergeant Major dressed in a TuTu mincing around in ballet shoes whilst telling the troops that their leave was cancelled.

Dissapointed of Milton Keynes.

5. msr

msr LE

Notices of Annual Camp
    a. The commanding officer of a TA independent unit or commander CVHQ is responsible for issuing a notice to attend annual in camp training (AF E 654) to each officer and soldier. These notices are to be issued so as to reach all members of the unit at least 14 days before the date of movement for training.
    b. All such personal notices are to be sent by recorded delivery to each member at his last known place of residence.
    c. Concurrently with the issue of personal notices for annual in camp training commanding officers of independent units, including OTCs, are to ensure that public notices (AF E 633) are affixed to notice board at each unit, sub unit and detachment TA centre. The commanding officer is also to ensure that a responsible person witnesses the posting of the notice, and makes a record of the date of posting and of the contents of the notice, in order that he may, if necessary, be able to give evidence of these facts.
    d. Any officer or soldier who does not appear at the time and place appointed in the personal notice (AF E 654) will, if he fails to attend training, be liable to be dealt with
    an absentee.
    e. If an officer or soldier finds that, for business reasons or on account of illness, he is unable to attend annual training for the period for which he has been instructed to attend, he is to inform his commanding officer or commander TA/CVHQ immediately. If in these circumstances he is excused attendance he is not to be treated as an absentee and arrangements should be made for other training in lieu of camp.

I can't find this form on armynet. If you do turn up an electronic copy, please post it here.

msr

6. msr

msr LE

Is the form restricted?

msr

7. Many thanks, I'll try the link out tonight.
    I more time better when it comes to sending out notifications (i.e. 11 months) and does too much time have a detrimental effect?

Rgds
    Mungy

8. TA regs also say:

2.084A. Notification of Employers. The commanding officer of an independent unit or commander TA/CVHQ is to
    ensure that advance warnings of camp is sent to the employers of all personnel in his unit. Notification is to be sent on
    AF E 641 as soon as the dates of next year’s camp are known, ideally not less than 10 months in advance.

Does that help ?

9. msr

msr LE

I have the form as a pdf and am trying to convert it to a usable Word doc so that you can use it as a mail merge.

msr

10. Why do we need a form??? I remember a notice board in a village next to my hometown, which still had TA notices from the 50's.

May I recommend this new fangled thing called e-mail.

11. E641, that's the blighter, I had a look at that today and it's going to be a pain to create.
    If I do (assuming no one beats me to it) I'll post it. Chiefy flipped his lid when I suggested he hand write 120 of 'em.
    Rgds

Mungy

12. msr

msr LE

If you can give me an hour or so, I should have the 654 as a Word doc and setup for mail merge (assuming the Bateman's Dark Lord doesn't get there first ;) ). If you can send me the 641, I will sort that for you too.

msr

13. THat'll have to wait until monday when I can use the beastial Canaon scanner at work. We can't find the TA emblem anywhere. Will PM on Monday
    Rgds
    Mung

14. msr

msr LE

Mung,

Give the attached a whizz.

It is a mail merge letter and a spreadsheet with the details in.

Looks OK to me, Give me a shout if you have any dramas.

msr

Attached Files: