Camp Bastion Under Attack... Two Dead

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cavemandave, Sep 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Breaking...............

The base's perimeter is breached as militants armed with rockets damage buildings, an aircraft hangar and several military jets.

Militants armed with rockets have attacked the main Allied military base in Afghanistan, leaving at least two people dead and a number of others hurt.

The perimeter of Camp Bastion was breached as it was hit by small arms fire and there was major damage to buildings, an aircraft hangar and several military jets.

http://news.sky.com/story/985315/afghanistan-two-dead-in-camp-bastion-attack

• Like Like x 1
  2. Purely speculation at this point in time, but Bastion is where Harry is just now and this attack could be part of the taliban's promise to target him...

Of course speculation doesn't help but someone has to do it....

3. I have a dilemma, my crystal ball is telling me one thing, but the chicken bones are telling me another. I'm off into the garden with the divining rods before typing my version of whys and wherefores. Back in a mo!:mrgreen:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've just gutted a cat and flung it entrails at the wall.

No real reason... just sh1ts and giggles really.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good reading them cats entrails shame to waste them! Not as accurate as "stoats innards" mind you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

7. Runes take some beating, don'cha know.....

8. Given that it was an American camp that was attacked and that the Muslim world is busy burning down anything with any connection to the US thanks to a youtube video, I can think of more obvious lines of speculation.

Plus, I have heard unconfirmed rumours that we are fighting a war in Afghanistan and this may not actually be the first time that NATO soldiers have been shot at there.

• Like Like x 6
  9. The raggies have already confirmed it was revenge for the dodgy home movie, no connection to The Ginger so nothing to see...move along!

10. Should we tell a policeman?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Here comes the policeman,
    The big friendly policeman,
    PC McGarry number 452.
    Lost dogs, thick fogs,
    Don't know what to do.
    Then get the policeman,
    The big friendly policeman.
    PC McGarry number 452. Here comes the policeman,
    The big friendly policeman,
    PC McGarry number 452.
    Lost a key, cat up a tree,
    Baby lost a shoe.
    Then get the policeman,
    A big friendly policeman.
    PC McGarry number 452.

12. Just shows how easy it mught be to start a war: make a dodgy video and post it on Youtube, saying bad juju about the Profit (PBUH) in the name of whoever you want.

See what I did there? Hedging my bets in the event the come for me.

13. Excitable buggers ain't they? Sort of the grown up version of 'are you looking at my pint?'