Camp Bastion Gym Facilities

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by the_mentalist, May 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone, I apologise if this question has been asked before (I did a quick search but didn’t find anything directly related).

I am due to deploy on Herrick 11 in the coming months and my assumption, based on the nature of my job (CQMS of a REME Bn) I think I will be mostly working in Camp Bastion for the duration of the tour. I have not deployed to Bastion before and was wondering what gym facilities exist on the camp (e.g. running machines, rowing machines, cross trainers etc.).

The reason I ask is because I am planning a charity event, I have six months away from home, I can utilise any spare time I have and whatever gym equipment is available, raise money for a worthy cause and keep fit at the same time.

I know that I am probably going to come in for a load of grief for asking this, before you all leap on the band wagon – Yes I am a REMF/Base Rat etc. we all have jobs to do, and mine is in Bastion!!

Thanks in advance for any sensible replies.

2. There are a few gyms there, with treadmills, rowers, cross trainers and bikes, along with freeweights. The gym by the Med Gp is pretty good (especially if some of the nursies are in there training!!!), they replaced most of the bikes when I was there on Herrick 9, its all technogym stuff too, and the rowers are concept 2. Dont forget you can also do the mind numbing run round the camp(s) (there will be 3 fully up and running by the time you get there!!)

good luck mate and ... ENJOY!
  3. Thanks for the reply Paratus, sounds good to me mate!!
  4. The gyms at Bastion are very good (You've even got a Pizza Hut too). Much better than where I am, only approximately 1km from Bastion main entrance, it could be the dark side of the moon.
  5. There were gyms at Bastion!?! Shoite - missed them again! :)