camp accent

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ordinaryforces, Nov 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am now suffering, watching that arsehole Alan Carr (wife has the remote)
    These homos must practice that accent, surely to god nobody speaks like that normally? there is no part of the country where you would grow up and have that way of speaking as a regional accent.
    I really would beat him senseless with a baseball bat.
    He has just claimed it is a northampton accent.

2. No way is that a Northampton accent! More like a strangled manc accent!

3. No, the accent is pure Wooftershire.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Funny enough we were talking about this at work today, aswell as finding out a lad I work with want's to fuck a corpse! I came to the conclusion that I need to find new friends!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fucking talentless poof, I bet his mum was a single mother

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jarrod's a gayer but he sounds more like Nora Batty if she smoked 60 fags a day, drank neat battery acid and snacked on wire wool!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Can't stand him myself,especially that accent.Believe his Dad was a Professional Footballer,Blackpool?

8. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

I remember looking it up once, and typed into Google, "Why do gay..." and the pompus predictive bloody search facility autofilled it for me with "people talk like that?" I must admit I was quite relieved at this point to realise I cant have been the only one to Google it.

9. Have a listen to the "Arts & Culture" reporter on Channel 4 News.

It's like fingernails down a blackboard. Where does it come from? Is it their idea of sounding feminine?

10. 'He'th bad-ath...' You can almost see him flapping his wrists with excitement as he sprays spit on the microphone.

• Like Like x 1

11. I don't wanna buck the trend but I think that vid is well funny!!!

I thought that Bob Downe (Australian camp comedian Mark Trevorrow) was very funny.

Mark?

Is that you?

12. What? No! Er...no...not me, ha ha ha *logs off hastily*

13. 1)If you have a friend as camp as christmas will meet loads of single women.

2)Don't underestimate them either. With an accent like that you are either a good runner or quite handy.

3) If youy like Shirley Bassey you will sound like one one day.