Camouflage Exhibition

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Proximo, Mar 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks quite interesting actually, but as a CSurv Instr, I would say that! ;)

Well quite.

Camouflage runs at the Imperial war Museum from 23 March to 18 November 2007.

Click here for the BBC News story.

2. German SS ww2 camo looks the good i think,Flektarns based on it

3. But how could you find it?

4. I went there last year but couldn't find the place.....

5. D'oh! beaten to it by AJ!!

6. An old boy in the village's father was a camouflage expert in WW2. Apparently he was a distinguished artist pre-war and so was almost naturally sucked into the camouflage set up. Having served in North Africa he was recalled to the UK to carry out camouflage projects on the East coast. Having installed various schemes he went offshore in a minesweeper/trawler to check the effect. Tragically the vessel was lost without trace, presumed mined, or survivors.

Truly they also serve...

7. Not Robert Medley by any chance?

8. No, not Robert Medley. I've PM'd you for protection of the individual's privacy TM.

9. Anyone up for an arrse outing to the exhibition on Maunday Thursday

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

More bollocks from waltboy.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

If I knew when that was I'd go, I'm free on Thursday afternoons and only 10 minutes walk from my clubhouse! The 3 Stags serves a reasonable IPA!
    Poppy just checked and that is definetly ok!

12. :D yippee...............

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

If you are still up for it or its a fri/thursday lunchtime at the market instaed then let me know!