Camouflage Exhibition

Looks quite interesting actually, but as a CSurv Instr, I would say that! ;)

"In Britain the army quite likes to see camouflage being used in fashion because at the end of the day it doesn't want to be different from the people it is fighting for and likes to be understood and appreciated by them," says Tim Newark.

"At one stage, the British Army thought of making their own street wear which they could sell and which would encourage interest in the military."
Well quite.

Camouflage runs at the Imperial war Museum from 23 March to 18 November 2007.

Click here for the BBC News story.

I went there last year but couldn't find the place.....

D'oh! beaten to it by AJ!!

An old boy in the village's father was a camouflage expert in WW2. Apparently he was a distinguished artist pre-war and so was almost naturally sucked into the camouflage set up. Having served in North Africa he was recalled to the UK to carry out camouflage projects on the East coast. Having installed various schemes he went offshore in a minesweeper/trawler to check the effect. Tragically the vessel was lost without trace, presumed mined, or survivors.

Truly they also serve...

Cuddles said:
An old boy in the village's father was a camouflage expert in WW2. Apparently he was a distinguished artist pre-war and so was almost naturally sucked into the camouflage set up. Having served in North Africa he was recalled to the UK to carry out camouflage projects on the East coast. Having installed various schemes he went offshore in a minesweeper/trawler to check the effect. Tragically the vessel was lost without trace, presumed mined, or survivors.

Truly they also serve...
Not Robert Medley by any chance?

No, not Robert Medley. I've PM'd you for protection of the individual's privacy TM.

Anyone up for an arrse outing to the exhibition on Maunday Thursday

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
britishairborne said:
German SS ww2 camo looks the good i think,Flektarns based on it
More bollocks from waltboy.

ugly

LE
Poppy said:
If I knew when that was I'd go, I'm free on Thursday afternoons and only 10 minutes walk from my clubhouse! The 3 Stags serves a reasonable IPA!
Poppy just checked and that is definetly ok!

ugly said:
Poppy said:
If I knew when that was I'd go, I'm free on Thursday afternoons and only 10 minutes walk from my clubhouse! The 3 Stags serves a reasonable IPA!
Poppy just checked and that is definetly ok!
:D yippee...............

ugly

LE
If you are still up for it or its a fri/thursday lunchtime at the market instaed then let me know!